Warm Single AA Offerings

pobox1475

Enlightened
I decided to give my oldest son a LumaPower ConneXion (gen I) that has been idle since I got a NEX and couple of Quarks. Tossing the idea around in my head about getting a light to utilize AW 14500's that will be idle as well. I am truly stuck on the warmer tints and is really my only requirement idea wise. The new acquisition will most likely be utilized as a bag light or possibly EDC'd so a sturdy clip would be a +. Thought about a AA Zebra and will still will get one at some point. Just intend to use Eneloops in it as I have heard that Li-Ions are no big advantage in ZL's.

gunga

Flashaholic
You could purchase new (neutral quark, Nitecore EZAAw, maybe Eagletac) or you could get a modded one or perhaps mod one yourself.

I've modded these 1AA to warm cree:

Connexion X2
Nitecore D10
Fenix L1D (LD10 was pretty heavily glued)
Proton Pro
Romisen RC-G2

All were reasonably easy, though the Proton pro was not fun and the Fenix was a bit more of a pain.

Last edited:

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Jetbeam E3P (neutral tint) for a buddy as a wedding gift and he loves it. He carries it everyday. The only down side is that it doesn't have a clip. It is all stainless so its pretty hefty

Here

PhilR.

Newly Enlightened
The JetBeam Jet 1 Pro uses one AA, and can be had in warm tint. Also has a bi-directional clip, so it may well fulfill your requirements....

pobox1475

Enlightened
Have been considering the Element 3P and Jet I IBS. Element seems like it would be a good bag light. But not being rated for 3.7v 14500's is not good. Jet I seems more versatile and appears to have a sturdy clip configured for bezel down carry which I prefer. I you have any more ideas, keep them coming. Thanks for all the input thus far :twothumbs.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The JetBeam Jet 1 Pro uses one AA, and can be had in warm tint. Also has a bi-directional clip, so it may well fulfill your requirements....

What tints are available for JetBeam Jet 1 Pro?

When I was looking for a warm AA light a while back, it didn't show up on my list.

--flatline

maskman

Newly Enlightened
If you can live with a single mode, Shiningbeam is now offering the Rominsen RC-G2 II with a warm white emitter. It's a Cree XR-E Q3-5C to be specific. I can't offer an absolute recommendation as mine is in the mail. I have purchased and tested several of the RC-G2 II with Q5's from Bryan and found them to be quite bright and reliable though. With the Rominsen RC-G2 II being what it is I didn't hesitate ordering it with a warm white emitter. The price is right too, IMHO. Wait a minute on/off is really two modes isn't it? :grin2:

maskman

Newly Enlightened

When I was looking for a warm AA light a while back, it didn't show up on my list.

--flatline
Mine came with a Q3-5A when I received it last week. I'm completely satisfied with the warmer tint myself.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came with a Q3-5A when I received it last week. I'm completely satisfied with the warmer tint myself.

If I had known the JetBeam was available with a 5A tint, I might have purchased that instead of my Quark AAw. I love the Quark, though, so it's probably best that it worked out this way.

Side by side, I prefer the 5C tint to the 5A tint, but in regular use, I can't tell the difference.

--flatline

pobox1475

Enlightened
In my mind I have selected the 5b. From the comparison pics I have seen it appears ideal. I would however go with the a over the c.

If I had known the JetBeam was available with a 5A tint, I might have purchased that instead of my Quark AAw
IMHO you made a wise choice. Both mt Quarks are outstanding from what I have seen.

Can anyone post a pic of a Jet I Pro next to a Quark 123(2)?

http://store.bugoutgearusa.com/index.html

Last edited:

PhilR.

Newly Enlightened

--flatline

Only two tints I know of - warm and normal/regular. I got mine from a website called "bugoutgearusa", or something similar to that. I seem to remember that they offer either tint.

I like mine a lot. If for some reason I could only keep one of my flashlights, the Jet-1 Pro would be the one.....

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it now. Options are "R2 - Cool Tint" and "Q3 5A - Warm Tint".

If I had known that, I probably would have purchased the JetBeam instead of the Quark. I'm really happy with the Quark, but was a bit nervous at the time about buying a new model from a new maker with no known track record.

--flatline