Newbie wants an upgrade.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all,just joined after watching a few times.

I have a small Streamlight Microstream led torch running on one AAA cell.It serves me well every single working day and has done for the last couple of years,have no complaints with this product at all and it cost under £10 UK pounds with postage from the USA.

Due to a changing need in my work I now need a small torch but so much brighter,think the Microstream is about 20 lumens.

Something not breaking the bank would be ideal with quality as good as the Streamlight.

Your verdicts please guys.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
as no one else have answered yet, i will try..

are you still looking for AAA size light? or will AA be fine too? what kind of price you actually are looking for?

do you want a simple on/off light.. or do you want more modes/outputs?

few favorites of ours to look:

AA quark from foursevens. (about 53dollars with cpf discount)
AAA "new coming soon" preon from 47s (45$with discount)

AA nitecore d10
AA nitecore ezaa (small 2 mode twisty light)

AAA itp Eos a3 twisty light (single mode 19$ 3mode 21$, available also as a ss 3mode version too. which is my keychain light)

itp also has other lights to consider too.. like AA c7. (itp offers decent quality for the 40ish dollars they fetch)

my vote: if cheap and AAA try itp eos 3 mode. if AA jump up in price range with quark or d10.

if you wish for a cheap AA (under 20) finding one that offers great quality (years of trouble free service) its rare to find such sample.. one with decent quality, cheap and simple to use on/off kind of light would be Romisen g2 (preferably from shiningbeam whom has improved the desing a bit from the original chinese manufacturer.)

and also.. i also need to mention that the maglite led versions are worth their penny too.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your reply and after you confirming what I thought I liked and was on your list I opted for this:-

AAA itp Eos a3 twisty light (single mode 19$ 3mode 21$, available also as a ss 3mode version too. which is my keychain light) .

I just ordered the 3 mode version.