Good Light for Keychain

godlight

Newly Enlightened
I'm searching a good, bright, very small EDL. I have the Akoray K106, looked at the K109, but i want a smaller one. Can somebody recommend one to me?
Powered with CR123A or AAA - whatever is better/brighter for its size.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
For a keychain light, I personally prefer a AAA powered light over a CR123 powered one. I carry a Fenix LD01 on my keychain and it has been great. Other AAA powered lights I have seen recommended are the Fenix E01, Maratac AAA, iTP A3 EOS and Liteflux LF2XT.

If you prefer a CR123 powered one, I would probably go for a Fenix P1D (or its replacement, the PD10) or a NiteCore EZ 123.

sebast

Enlightened
If you want a high end flashlight, look at the Muyshondt Aeon, it's CR2 cell, and the best keychain light ever made imo.
It's bright, very long runtime and overall quality is outstanding.
I owned several keychain flashlights, but the Aeon is my favorite by far!

sabre7

Enlightened
iTP A3 EOS is probably the smallest, brightest, and lowest priced AAA light made for keychain use available-for now.

The Photon Freedom Micro is another excellent choice but it uses 2016/2032 button cells.

Enlightened
Maratac AAA. It's pretty darn bright on High mode for a small keychain light.
Now that I have experience with both, Maratac > E01. It's more expensive but you get what you pay for. You get three modes, a better LED, and a lens to cover it up.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at the lights you've owned so far it sounds like you may not be looking to spend too much money right now, hey I can relate. If you want to go AAA the ITP EOS is one of the most popular lights in this category at the moment and under 25 bucks. If you want something CR123 powered I think the Nitecore EZ 123 might be good. However for a keychain a AAA light is probably best.
There is also of course the Preon coming out soon which you should probably take a look at.

godlight

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all! Yes, i should have mentioned that i wont pay more than about 20 bucks.
The itP A3 EOS looks fine!
Also found the "SmallSun ZY-C60" ant the "Ultrafire 602C Q5" but didnt come to a decision yet.

pec50

Enlightened
And, while you are ordering your ITP EOS, you might consider a backup. An unsung hero, the Photon Freedom -- about $12, full range of brightness, lifetime guarantee, tiny, water resistant, lithium cells work in sub zero temps, micro-weight, gold-plated contacts, etc. Runtime can be very long if you control brightness.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Nitecore EZ CR2 for my keychain.

Nice little two-leve light, with a nice beam profile. I have the warm-tented version, and it is plenty bright on high. (Nitecore says 100 OTF lumens...I think it's a bit less.) The twisty is a little rough, out of the box. I'll clean it and lube it and see if it inmproves.

Latest posts