WTK: Battery/Bulb Help w/ Surefire 8AX, 9N/AN

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Need some knowledge here on some SF incan. battery & bulb choices.
I have a SF 8AX, 9N & 9AN all w/ the SF B90 NI-CD rechargeable battery sticks + one spare.
Of the four B90s, one is dead, another holds a charge for 2 days w/ out any usage & the other two are GTG.
Am I stuck w/ using these B90s as my only rechargeable battery choices?
If yes OR no, who is the least expensive vendor to buy some from?
The lower lumen bulbs in both the 9N & 9AN are dead but the higher output's in both are still good.
Just like above, who is the least expensive vendor other than SF to buy the N90 lamp/reflector assemblies from? Are their any LED drop-ins to replace the N90's with?
Thx. in advance for your replies & FWIW I am thinking HARD about selling one or all of these, so if you know anyone interested my email is [email protected]

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hacked a dead battery stick apart and used the contact parts to make a battery stick from half of a Radio Shack 3600 RC car pack. It yeilds two battery sticks per pack and has way more capacity. Downside is the batteries are NIMH so I won't charge them in the stock charger. I have a Maha C777 for that.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been more than a few threads about these lights and the batteries on these forums. The newer charger can accomodate NiMH cells but the earlier ones don't, from what I've read.

I've been thinking lately that it might be easier for me to make a Delrin sleeve to use a single 18650 in my 9N but I need to get off my lazy behind and actually do it. I don't know if the bulbs will handle the abuse, though. Both of my B90s are dead and I don't want to take them apart to put the Sanyo 2400s I have into them. Yeah, I'm too lazy to do that, too. :)