can tailstand
simple/plain - no bells and whistles please
forward clicky
has great spill, minimal hotspot - NOT looking for throw
neutral to warm led

thanks

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
think sabrewolf does a Jet III Pro ST mod with a P7, retains the IBS UI for full programming functionality.

EDIT: found his previous sales thread, have a look and see if this is what you're looking for.

Last edited:

surfinsmiley

Newly Enlightened
KAP, I`m looking for the same thing. Lights in this kind of catergory appear to be few and far between.

Make sure you let us know what you eventually come up with! I for one would be very interested to know.

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Ive been looking for something similiar. Something pocketable, runs off one 18650, and floody. Curious to see what people suggest!

BadHobbit

Newly Enlightened
Maybe a zebralight H60w? Very bright flood, runs off one 18650, lowest is 0.4 lumens and highest is 157, can tailstand, has a warm tint and is very small. Think I might even get it :thinking: Wish there was a review about it though.

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=89&products_id=1893

YESSSS! I have a handful of Zebras, including a couple of 18650's, one with the warm tint. Whether messing around a campsite or looking for things in my boat cabin while night fishing, nothing beats the Zebras for pure functionality. Just wish I had the time or skills to give them a review.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't need throw at all, get the Zebralight H60w. It has a pure flood beam with 6 different output levels to choose from and since it has built in over-discharge protection, you can use it with unprotected 18650 cells scavenged from old laptop battery packs.

If you do need some throw, then look at the MG L-mini II. It has excellent spill and is still about as small as an 18650 light can get.

The MG PLI probably has the beam you're looking for, but it's a more typical size for an 18650 light. If you want a small 18650 light, your best options are probably the Zebralight or L-mini II.

--flatline

Nickyan

Newly Enlightened
+1 For Zebralight H60(w). I have one and love it, one of the most versatile lights I've come across. Just wish I would have gotten it with the warm tint.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want a small but floody 18650 light and you're not in a hurry, subscribe to the L-mini II thread in the market place and watch for any more special limited runs of L-minis that have the PLI driver and MC-E emitter in them.

I got mine Monday and am super impressed with it. The L-mini body doesn't have enough thermal mass to allow running on High for more than 3 minutes without damaging the emitter (according to Shiningbeam), but since Medium is in the 200+ Lumens range, I don't see that as very limiting. This is not the light for you if you want a Low Low mode. Low on this light is about Medium on my regular L-mini.

--flatline

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
hmm.. rare thing you look for.

at the moment its near impossible to find.

zebralight is only one that offers pretty much everything you ask. except foward clicky. (curious what their soon to be released "norma looking" lineup is like..)

lumapower encore has foward clicky. but not warm tint. tailstands. not sure of the flood/throw part. and ui goes hi-med-low. but the low is not as low you hope for.

lmini2 has reverse clicky. warm tint available occasionally (produced by small numbers) tailstands. to me very convinient package of flood and throw.. (and you can temporary remov the bezel for total flood light.) ui: low-med hi. and low isnt low enough for you in this either.

and you could lego yourself a 47s quark too.. get a 1cr123 warm tint tactical version (or just the 1-4.2v warm tint head ) then add 18650 body. and then add quark turbo tailcap to get the tailstanding ability and foward clicky.

chef4850

Enlightened
+1 for the zebralight h60w. I just recieved this light and at the time I was ordering it all I could think was - "why am I ordering this how much will I use it". I recieved it about a week ago and have had it with me everyday. Really a great light! All throw and a lot of it. Build is good, low is great and high is high. I realized last night that my electric bill will be going down as I have not used a light switch in the last week because of this light. The best purchase I have made in the last several months IMHO. Take a look at it you will not be dissapointed.

Chef