Quark AA²/Quark AA² tactical/ld20

fannin

Enlightened
i have had my heart set on a fenix ld20 for ages but have heard the Quark AA² are very good and i like the clean styling and knurling of the Quark AA²

what is the difference between the Quark AA² and the Quark AA² tactical? and how do they compare with the ld20, is the quality/brightness as good?

thanks

Nickyan

Newly Enlightened
Hey!

The difference between the normal and the tactical Quarks is the UI. The description and the vids on 7777 show that pretty well.

The tactical has 2 programmable modes whereas in the normal version you click through the modes. The tactical has a protruding tail cap, the normal can tail stand.

+ for the Quarks is that parts (B/H/T) are interchangeable.

You could also have a look at the Nitecore D20. Can't tell you much bout the LD20, since I don't have one.

Cya

Last edited:

CaseyS

Newly Enlightened

fannin

Enlightened
cool

so the tactical has a protruding tailcap and a monentary on? (is that what a forward clicky offers)?

i definitely like momentary on but i also don't like the protruding clicky: prefer the flush look of the non-tactical

man they are good looking lights

which version would you recommend and is the fenix ld20 better?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Forward clickie means that it has momentary on. Reverse clickies do not.

What is better is very subjective. I think you'll like any of them, so go for the one that think will suit you the most.

Nickyan

Newly Enlightened
I have the AA Tactical in warm tint on order. You can always get whatever UI you prefer and get another tailcap with it. Or another body, what is what I'll be doing.

Last edited:

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
The Quarks do have a couple extra modes, beacon and moonlight, although only any two modes are accessible at one time with the tactical...ask yourself if you want a bit more simplicity, or if you think those other modes might be useful. It was the ultra-low moonlight mode (.2 lumen) that was the selling point for me on the Quark AA^2 (fenix doesn't have this)