U.V update

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i recently posted that my $15 uv light from battery junction failed to reveal dog pee in my carpet and only made my eyes sore.( not wearing UV glasses :ohgeez:)

last night tried it again wearing some regular uv resistant *sunglasses*,

shows up the dog pee great :thumbsup:

and no sore eyes.:duh2:

soooooooo, if your uv light isnt working well, try some shades cooler :cool:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly this is what you get when you have a society that watches too much csi. You get people thinking just a simple uv flashlight will reveal everything. When in fact urine fluoresces very weakly, if you wanna run a simple test just pee in the toilet and see if it glows, you'll see it doesn't or if it does very very weak orange. Blood, forget about it, the forensics guys use luminol to get the blood to glow. In fact if you shine it on unknown carpets or walls and are shocked by what you see because you see all sorts of "stains" what you're seeing isn't really the stains but the remnants of the cleaner used on the stain, often times cleaners have phosphorescent brighteners which help brighten up the area you clean to make it look cleaner. Fluorescence in nature is a very rare trait, I don't know why everyone assumes everything will fluoresce under uv light.