Help with SF L1 problem

JBA

Newly Enlightened
So I sold an L1 on here yesterday and I was packaging it up to mail it out and on a whim I stuck a battery in it to make sure everything worked. I hadn't used it in a couple of months since getting an E1B and it worked fine before that and it was my EDC. About a month or so ago I called Surefire up to see about replacing a broken clip and when I got it in the mail I immediately installed it. No battery was in it and I had no reason to turn it on so it's basically been sitting on a shelf in my room.

So tonight I'm getting ready to mail it out and figured I'd put the battery in and make sure everything was working and it won't come on. The tailcap felt weird but I don't know if it's just because I've gotten used to the E1B or what. Anyway I twisted the cap all the way on and it never lit up. I swapped in the battery I had in the E1B that I knew would work and still nothing.

So I'm looking into the body and trying to see if I can make out anything obvious and the only thing that looks odd is the spring at the bottom. Should it be stick out above it's recess because it looks almost flush.

Dsc02423.jpg

The switch looks fine but I don't know.

DSC02424.jpg

I had a similar problem with an L1 that I bought a couple of years ago off of eBay. It was brand new in the packaging but when it arrived it was doing the same thing. I called up Surefire and they replace the tailcap and it worked fine up until it was stolen out of my truck in September 2008 along with my stereo and backpack. I replaced it with this a month later and never had a problem with it.

One question, with the tailcap twisted all the way should the button be hard? It won't depress at all and I'm guessing it's normal but I thought I'd ask. Sorry if I got any terminology wrong. I'm still a newb on here but I try to read up whenever I can. Thanks for any help.