TRI P7 LED SYSTEM IN ACTION

e90

Newly Enlightened
The heatsink, reflectors and the driver are from Der Wichtel,i need a Maglite and the li-ion's to complete the flashlight.On the pictures I use a 12v 2.1A power supply,that thing is shocking:D.
Ok , i wonder if I use 4x2.5A batteries,how will i control te temepreature,
eaven with the 2A supply it is getting hot in 1-2 minutes,or its about the 12v that is too much?
Leds are wired in series.The heatsink and the reflectors are high quality.
This setup is ultra bright, you can turn night into day with it.:grin2:

Ps:How can I upload images,only external servers??:thinking:

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Get an account with a web image hosting site, then upload and link to your images per the instructions for that site.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need some serious heat-sinking mass with three P-7's. Or they're going to go poof...

olav

Newly Enlightened
Here some more ! :D

Isotlamput-louhoksella.gif

olav

Newly Enlightened
I have Maglite 4D (4x18650, 2500mAh each) with DW´s heatsink, reflectors and the newest driver. It works just perfect. The beam is quite floody so it´s not a thrower. But I like it!

Pictures were taken in a difficult circunstances, in a place where full moon was shining towards the camera. There was dark water between camera and the rocks, but still the Triple Maglite Rocks.

olav

Newly Enlightened
Thank you people!Now the 4d Mag is on order,i wonder if I have to change the mag's switch to an other model to be able to use the driver's different modes,if yes where can i find one that fits easy in the mag?
My driver looks like this:
http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/vv269/zoltan_tms/?action=view&current=new.jpg

It depends on if you have DW´s new driver with different modes or the "proto" without modes. The "proto" worked fine without any modifications. Driver with different modes needs a momentary switch.

Here is a thread where are different kinds of switch modificatons for momentary use. It´s not very difficult to do if you have some tools and soldering equipments.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v313/3rd_shift/?action=view&current=SANY0003.MP4.flv

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/223518

When you are disassembling the switch be careful because there are some tiny parts and a spring inside the switch itself. They will easily disappear to the floor (because of the spring inside).

e90

Newly Enlightened
Take care not to run it more than 10min on high. If you do so, you will understand why! :D

I can run it for more than 10 minutes outside is -20 Celsius.:laughing:

If somebody can help,I have a picture with my driver,is it the new one with multiple modes?