$4K Oakley Sunglass Crazy or Crazy like a Fox

GLOCK18

Enlightened
Received an email today on new Oakley Sunglasses

Oakley Elite C SIX utilizes pure carbon fiber $4k

Oakley Elite C SIX Aluminum plus carbon fiber composite $1500

I bet they will sell out, even at this price, I would like to have the Pure Cabon fiber, but that's about $3500 more then I am willing to pay.

Last edited:

R@ndom

Enlightened
Carbon fiber isn't that expensive at all. That's a huge markup. Some knives with thick carbon fiber scales cost a couple hundred max.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel really bad for anyone who buys these. The only reason to do it would be to tell people how much they cost. In that case, a couple of trips to a shrink to smooth out when they were castrated in high school would solve that problem.

Seriously, I've seen some ridiculous things being sold for outrageous prices but that is a fist. 4 thousand dollar sunglasses. I mean the weight you saved is in the ounces.

shhh

Newly Enlightened
4k on glasses.....................

To me thats just like buying toilet paper that cost $100
for a pack of four.

Just not me.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man imagine sitting on those or loosing them.:poof::crackup:

No Kidding!!

I almost lost my $300 pair last week and went RUNNING back to where I was as fast as I possibly could!!
Luckily this sexy mom found them and set them on a grill in front of the store I was at. I went inside and she instantly knew what I was looking for and told me where they were.....I almost crapped my pants! I had a hard enough time justifying buying them in the first place!...and still do actually:eek:

The ONLY way I would pay 4K for some stupid sunglass' is if they were the REAL X-Ray Vision kind!!!I like boobs.:D:cool:

JeffInChi

Enlightened
yeah, thats crazy, but I'm sure theres a couple people here that have easily spent that on flashlights in a year, and maybe even just on one flashlight. :broke:

Those sunglasses would have to do some pretty amazing things for that kind of money. I'll stick to my $5 cheapies I buy online.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Four grand for shades?!

Screw that! I'd rather send the money to Milky! Just imagine what type of sick $#^% he'd be able to create for four large. :huh:

R@ndom

Enlightened
Hell for that much you could make your own custom titanium sunglasses. With trits... And a couple of freakin sst90s sticking out the front.

Patriot

Flashaholic
We've got some pretty knowledgeable people around here in the area of materials and fabrication and I can't imagine something so seemingly straight forward and relatively basic justifying that kind of cost. I'm baffled frankly.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....I can't imagine something so seemingly straight forward and relatively basic justifying that kind of cost. I'm baffled frankly.

Four Thousand for a pair of sunglasses???
The next thing you know someone will pay Two Thousand for a flashlight!!!LOL.JK

Just jealous because I don't own a PH50.:mecry::mecry::mecry:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
You know I very rarely wear sunglasses however will say that almost all of my co-workers do. Oakley is very popular among police and for the longest time I assumed it was all hype.

I have a close friend who is an officer and sadly he had to retire on medical disability. He was shot in the face with bird shot (12 guage) and simply could not return to work after healing. The amazing part is while he did lose some vision in his left eye the majority of his vision was saved due to a very nice pair of Oakley ballistic glasses stopping most of the pellets to his eyes.

I believe he paid about 150 dollars for them however Oakley gives police a great deal if you register with their site. Even without the discount I believe they were about 300 dollars and did exactly what they were supposed to do.

I wonder just how much better a 4k pair could really be and as such am having a hard time understanding how they will market such an item. What do they do that is not already done by their other high end glasses? Their big market is military and police and honestly I know none of either branch that can afford that for glasses. Seems like a risky move to me however they can afford to have a few mistakes anyway.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
It's limited to 250...

I bet the "sunglass folks" are saying the same thing about flashaholics. :)

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Group buy time! :wave:

For the flashaholics to jump, it has to be Ti. :nana: