• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired "Knurly" SST-50

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
After I screwed up 30 bodies on my SST-50 EDC light run.....:( I edited the program and checked out the boring part of the programming on a piece of solid 1" round stock. Well the program worked and I said what the heck lets try out that $1500 knurling tool that has sat there on top of my lathe since I bought it almost a year ago.

Here we have it :)

-SST-50 LED Premium Bin
-5-mode driver R123 or CR123 Powered (reduced output with CR123)
-6061 T6 Bare Aluminum
-McClicky Switch
-MCR20 Reflector

$249 Delivered (US)

P1040246-vi.jpg

P1040247-vi.jpg

P1040251-vi.jpg

P1040249-vi.jpg

P1040255-vi.jpg

warx23

Enlightened
hah.. both time stamped the same.. nice. Flash light drag race. Donn has a better reaction time. :crackup:

BACKUP!

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
Geez. I was just looking at this one. I come back in a few seconds and two have already posted to buy in the same minute. Knew this one was going to go fast.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
hah.. both time stamped the same.. nice. Flash light drag race. Donn has a better reaction time. :crackup:

Aparently Donn drank some 110 octane today!...:crackup:or is that an IMR diet vs. primary..:laughing:

That is an absolutely beautiful light Mac!!:bow::bow::bow::rock:

I really like the tailcap section with the smooth rolled lip into the button!!...SWEEEET!!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine!

:takeit:

That's gorgeous!

Can it be taken apart enough to send it to Jonathan for plating?

Don it easily comes apart though all the tolerances are nice and tight so if the coating you plan on using is thin then you may be OK. Though you would need to mask the threads of the body + head and small ring in the rear where the McClicky make contact if the coating is non conductive.

Mac

LEDobsession

Enlightened
What is wrong on the scrapped bodies that you couldn't sell me one? Haha. As long as it'll function, I'd probably be in for one of those as the first run is closed and I really really want one of them.

Sorry to steer in a different direction....

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful! I love the way you went over the knurl afterwords.
And the rounded metal end !!!! Sweet!

:twothumbs