Quark123 made into a twisty

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The day I got my Quark AA and 123 body I put one of the spare body's caps on the 123 body on the light. This I call the concept
4056387605_ea5d3bd7e6.jpg

I figured all I needed was to put a metal layer (washer, disc, foil even) inside the battery tube cap. It had to be glued to the cap though (or so I thought...). I had only foil and that seemed weak, but when I visited DaFabricata yesterday to do some modding, he dug in his box of little parts and found a little copper washer of the perfect size, then soldered a piece across the middle to make battery contact. He then epoxied it inside the cap and I had a tiny twisty.
low:
4056387777_5a73c3dd95_m.jpg
high:

My Quark is a warm (I am a tint snob) tactical, so the UI turns out to be VERY cool. Slightly loosened head is low, tight is high, and a little surprise: unscrew a little more from low and it goes to off. Wow, a two level progressive twisty! :twothumbs:thumbsup: And I don't ever have to loosen the tailcap. Ever. It is tiny - under 67mm long when loosened to off position.

:bow: Tim is Da master Fabricator. Oh, I get that now! :crackup:

Tim upgraded several LEDs for me that night including two K2's, an XR-E, and an SSC P4 to upgrade two of my L1's to master thrower status, and my old K2 (non TFFC) TerraLux 3D to a K2 TFFC TV0D = photon cannon.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Re: Twisted idea - Quarked

Very nice. Now it reminds me of a similarly shaped light in this configuration.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thinking:....Novatac?

That did turn out cool!!:thumbsup:
Mark had the idea and luckily all the strange little parts I keep collecting end up finding a use sooner or later!

It was fun getting together with someone who shares a common interest and getting a chance to mess around with some lights/emitters I haven't had the chance to check out yet! I'm glad this one came together as easy as it did!:party:
Here it is next to an EX10 for size reference...
003-50.jpg

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new(er) Amilites?

Just saw the Quark Prism. That will work well on this to keep the weight low for a headlight. Now if they could only get the Prism to me by the 5th so I could use it camping this year.

It was so fun to see all of Tim's new XP-G wall scorchers and do some modding. Thanks a ton Tim!
I still have to try to get those Rebels reflowed on boards to try next. And I really have to get one of those Hakko's!

gsxrac

Enlightened
I like it! As soon as the aluminum Quarks get XP-G's I will be buying one and attempting this mod. Thanks for posting it!

flasherByNight

Enlightened
brilliant, I've been thinking of uses for the tailcap.

I've been wondering how sturdy the plastic caps are...?

Latest posts