ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ITP SC1 Eluma....

Default ITP SC1 Eluma....

I was taking a look at this light and wanted one......but i would like to know if there are any members out there that own one. I own a couple of ITP lights and love them. I was planning on getting the cr123 and the AA version.

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=376

Default Re: ITP SC1 Eluma....

Too NEW to own yet , I think.
    ~ "She" says ...... I have ... TooManyGizmos ~

Because i went to ITP's site and its not even listed on there yet.

It's a pre-order light.

Probably only iTP staffers at the factory or in QC have played with them so far.

Okay thanks buddy......Im just really digging the AA and Cr123 versions.

Put an XP-G in it and

Resembles the Eagletac P10C. I'm not sure how i feel about changing modes on the side. Why not just make the mode changing via tail cap switch?

Flashaholic

Looks pretty good for a $40 light. Better UI than most.
    Something profound or witty goes here.

If you're holding this thing overhand, shouldn't the mode button be in the back, near your index finger? Do we know if it is forward or reverse clicky? Seems like it would be forward.

Well i for one am glad that the mode switch is not at the rear........the problem with the ITP C9r was that it was very easy to change modes by just pressing lightly and i mean lightly.

Flashaholic*

Its an interesting torch at the least.

I like a reverse clicky on a multimode light and really don't like half presses on a forward switch to select a mode.
    This solves that issue. Forward switch for on/off/mometary and a mode change switch on the side. lo-med-hi-strobe and at any time you can just press and hold the mode switch to enter ramping sequence. It holds that ramp selected mode too, although I don't think this is so accurate. Maybe its just my eyes.

I just got the 1xAA version (SA1) and its quite cool. XP-E R2 , still one of the better emitters in a 1xAA. Very few XP-G's around.
    Boring newbie slowly becoming a flashaholic - too many models to list and its messing with google...

Please post your thoughts and a pic another side a light.....im really thinking about getting one.

Flashaholic

Default Shark_za, two questions

shark_za: I just got the 1xAA version (SA1) and its quite cool.
    Do you mean cool white color or cool as in NICE?

How is the side switch? Do you click it to change modes or just a short press?

Thanks
    Last edited by Elliot; 12-06-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Brainfart as pointed out by TooManyGizmos

Default Re: Shark_za, two questions

Is your proof reading function disabled ?

Flashaholic*

Sorry for creating confusion with a word that means something so important in the flashlight world !

I mean really nice. Looking at the beam on a white wall I would say its neutral.
    I don't see blue/white or yellow, maybe a feint shade of green on the transition from beam to spill. I'm being very harsh on it by saying that, its really not there and I'm really digging deep. The beam does have a dimmer spot in the middle, rather say its brighter around the edge of the spot.

The side switch is quite interesting in that it changes mode when you let go like a reverse clicky.
    But holding it in will start the ramping after about a second or so.

So quickly press and release and you will hear a click-click as it changes modes.
    Just press and hold the first click and it will ramp. Ramping is a constant loop, it does not give a sign like the C7 that it has reached its high or low, it just carries on looping , brighter-dimmer-brighter-dimmer-etc

Something new I just discovered. Included in the package is a reverse clicky switch and a lower boot to work with it. Makes it a tail standing torch for those who like that.
    This is over and above the extra o-rings and spare boot for the forward clicky. Holster provided is also good looking.
    Boring newbie slowly becoming a flashaholic - too many models to list and its messing with google...

Flashaholic

Thanks for your answers shark_na. I will be ordering one (and maybe the A2 also) after the Holidays.

Thats nice to know as well.....is there anyway that you can post a beam shot....i was talking to bryan and he told me that theres a black doughnut at the center of the spot......maybe due to the smooth reflector.

For the price im really thinking of getting the SA1 and the SC1......too bad they dont come in an OP reflector.

So how about those beamshots......

Hey Shark would you be able to post them....i would love to see the beam pattern.

Shark ,

Thanks for pointing that out ,

"Included in the package is a reverse clicky switch and a lower boot to work with it."

That's a nice touch, they supply a short boot & switch and an extra normal boot too .

It's inside the carry pouch , which I didn't even open till you posted the info .

My wife is playing with both the SA1 and SC1 , right now. She says the side switch on the SA1 is stiffer. (which it is) She uses her multiple EDC's constantly .

Last edited by TooManyGizmos; 12-08-2009 at 02:19 AM.

So please tell me how you like it man so i can put my order in with shiningbeam right now...will you be able to post up a beamshot as well.

Alfred ,

I like them both pretty well and the UI is versatile .

Sorry - I don't do pic's .

Okay thanks.....i guess thats good enough for me man.....going to send shiningbeam an email now.

Do I detect a trend? More of the new lights coming out with smooth refectors instead of OP? Why is this? Doesn't make sense to me....? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by alfreddajero View Post
    For the price im really thinking of getting the SA1 and the SC1......too bad they dont come in an OP reflector.

I guess there trying to make the light a little thrower....but with a smooth reflector comes and ugly beam....thats why i want to see pics....guess the only way is to order them both. I do prefer my lights with an op just because of the smooth beam.

grr! you're on cpf, but not on AIM!

I got the SA1, and the beam is completely smooth. the light has a SMO reflector.
    surprising.

Now that is what i also want to hear as well......

SharkZa, what say you? I interpreted your comments about the hot spot being brighter at the edges as indicating that your beam was not very smooth...?

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    I got the SA1, and the beam is completely smooth. the light has a SMO reflector.
    surprising.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast