ITP SC1 Eluma....

SuperLightMan

Newly Enlightened
Resembles the Eagletac P10C. I'm not sure how i feel about changing modes on the side. Why not just make the mode changing via tail cap switch?

brted

Enlightened
If you're holding this thing overhand, shouldn't the mode button be in the back, near your index finger? Do we know if it is forward or reverse clicky? Seems like it would be forward.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i for one am glad that the mode switch is not at the rear........the problem with the ITP C9r was that it was very easy to change modes by just pressing lightly and i mean lightly.

shark_za

Enlightened
Its an interesting torch at the least.

I like a reverse clicky on a multimode light and really don't like half presses on a forward switch to select a mode.
This solves that issue. Forward switch for on/off/mometary and a mode change switch on the side. lo-med-hi-strobe and at any time you can just press and hold the mode switch to enter ramping sequence. It holds that ramp selected mode too, although I don't think this is so accurate. Maybe its just my eyes.

I just got the 1xAA version (SA1) and its quite cool. XP-E R2 , still one of the better emitters in a 1xAA. Very few XP-G's around.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please post your thoughts and a pic another side a light.....im really thinking about getting one.

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
Shark_za, two questions

shark_za: I just got the 1xAA version (SA1) and its quite cool.
Do you mean cool white color or cool as in NICE?

How is the side switch? Do you click it to change modes or just a short press?

Thanks

Last edited:

shark_za

Enlightened
Sorry for creating confusion with a word that means something so important in the flashlight world !

I mean really nice. Looking at the beam on a white wall I would say its neutral.
I don't see blue/white or yellow, maybe a feint shade of green on the transition from beam to spill. I'm being very harsh on it by saying that, its really not there and I'm really digging deep. The beam does have a dimmer spot in the middle, rather say its brighter around the edge of the spot.

The side switch is quite interesting in that it changes mode when you let go like a reverse clicky.
But holding it in will start the ramping after about a second or so.

So quickly press and release and you will hear a click-click as it changes modes.
Just press and hold the first click and it will ramp. Ramping is a constant loop, it does not give a sign like the C7 that it has reached its high or low, it just carries on looping , brighter-dimmer-brighter-dimmer-etc

Something new I just discovered. Included in the package is a reverse clicky switch and a lower boot to work with it. Makes it a tail standing torch for those who like that.
This is over and above the extra o-rings and spare boot for the forward clicky. Holster provided is also good looking.

Elliot

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your answers shark_na.:thumbsup: I will be ordering one (and maybe the A2 also) after the Holidays.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats nice to know as well.....is there anyway that you can post a beam shot....i was talking to bryan and he told me that theres a black doughnut at the center of the spot......maybe due to the smooth reflector.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price im really thinking of getting the SA1 and the SC1......too bad they dont come in an OP reflector.