Fenix TK11 R2 questions

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Hey guys I'm in need of some help. I have two questions that need answering regarding the Fenix TK11 R2. What holster is compatible with this light, either bezel up or down carry. Next...what is the outside diameter of the body. I ask because I have a few guys who are considering mounting a TK11 to their duty rifles. The Vltor Quick Detachable rail mount comes in 3 sizes. 0.810 - 0.826 inches, 1.025 - 1.040 inches, and 1.010 - 1.026 inches. I realize the first size is way too small! But I'm not sure on the last two and I have no extremely accurate way to measure the body circumference. :help:

vscout2.jpg

Casper507

Newly Enlightened
opplanet-mako-group-fab-defense-1-quot-tactical-side-mount-56345.png

This has two bars which lock in place in 1913 rail. It is a Mako model which also comes in different sizes. I have one on an M20 which means I can hold on to rifle and twist head for mode selection. I can slide it off the rifle for hand use and the piece actually will help make flashlight easier to grip with one hand. you have to trim one end of the tube flush to ahead of grip ring. The other end fit over the rotating bezel. To ensure positive contact/grip wrap barrel of flashlight with self adhesive flex tape like that availible from horse.com just fold it in half and wrap a short length around the flashlight barrel and twist/slide into mount. Really stabilizes it and makes twisting head failsafe. I used the black but to each his own:p
BHA30.jpg

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Thanks for the help. Hopefully someone can accurate measure the body. I know its definitely in the ballpark of 1" but slightly bigger. Just need an exact measurement. Someone...:anyone: !?!

Rak

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

mine measures between 25,45-25,55 mm,depending on which part of the body I take the measurement,that would be slightly over one inch,hope that helps,

Take care,Rak

harddrive

Enlightened
It will also work in a blackhawk mod-u-lock holster bezel down. You just need to pop out the rubber base from the holster and it fits perfect.

Casper507

Newly Enlightened
Almost forgot. The Olight M20 holster should work with the TK11. It has a elastic pocket on each side to hold battery magazines made for M20 which will hold two Cr123 and the whole thing fits into the flashlight made for 18650s. Check the positive connections on specific flashlight to be sure of fit. I cut a notch out of the one side on my M20 holster to hold flashlight with mount in previous picture. The mount can be mounted on the right side rail so that it drops down in conjunction with a vertical foregrip or it can be mounted horizontally in front of foregrip to place the clicky in the same position to the right or left of grip.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
hardrive...the Fenix TK11 DOES NOT fit into the Blackhawk mod-u-lok holster. I already tried. The bezel had no issues fitting in but the body was way too tight and just popped out! Its a no go! The EagleTac T10LC2 fits perfectly but not the Fenix TK11. I appreciate the responses. I am looking for something a bit more sturdier like the Surefire V70 or the Blackhawk mod-u-lok, or even something Kydex. This would be a duty holster. It needs to be tough. Cordura holsters or holders are nice for your belt if you are out for a walk or EDC carry but not sturdy enough for the riggers of law enforcement work.

harddrive

Enlightened
hardrive...the Fenix TK11 DOES NOT fit into the Blackhawk mod-u-lok holster. I already tried. The bezel had no issues fitting in but the body was way too tight and just popped out! Its a no go! The EagleTac T10LC2 fits perfectly but not the Fenix TK11. I appreciate the responses. I am looking for something a bit more sturdier like the Surefire V70 or the Blackhawk mod-u-lok, or even something Kydex. This would be a duty holster. It needs to be tough. Cordura holsters or holders are nice for your belt if you are out for a walk or EDC carry but not sturdy enough for the riggers of law enforcement work.

That is very odd. I work with two people who carry TK11s in mod-u-lock holsters and one who carries a TK10 in a mod-u-lock. They needed to removed the rubber cap from the bottom so it sits deeper/lower and only the thin part of the body is held by the clamp part. When I had a TK11 I tried it with my Mod-u-lock and it worked fine (with rubber cap removed). Maybe there has been a slight design change with the mod-u-lock or something? Did you remove the rubber cap when you tried?

Does the T10LC2 work bezel down without removing the rubber cap?

I really love the mod-u-lock and use it with a modified 6P as my primary duty light. Couldn't use any other type of holster now.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
harddrive,

No I did not not remove the rubber cap from the bottom of the holster. I guess I assumed the thickness of the body was the same all the way through the body. I run my T10LC2 bezel down with the rubber cap on the bottom and it fits better than the Gladius ever did! With the rubber cap removed is the light only held in there by the tension of the two locking plastic bars (for the lack of a better term). Pics would be awesome! I love the mod-u-lok holster. Simple, low profile, and it works. I would love to recommend a good quality holster that will work with their TK11's. If removing that cap is the key I will definitely try it.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
harddriv,

Ok...I just took a look at my mod-u-lok and I never realized that the rubber boot at the bottom of the holster was removeable. Very cool! :bow: I will re-try placing a TK11 in there. If you're right I owe you a beer!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
harddrive,

It worked fine! I'm a little concerned that the holster has an open bottom and potential for the light to fall straight through. I realize there is enough tension to probably prevent that from happening but still a bit concerned. Any issues with that!?!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
The Vltor scout mount sized at 1.010 - 1.026 inches was a perfect fit for the Fenix TK11. Vltor makes some of the best tactical accessories in the business and this mount is as solid as they come. Perfect fit, low profile, and built like a tank! Also looks great as well!!

harddrive

Enlightened
harddrive,

It worked fine! I'm a little concerned that the holster has an open bottom and potential for the light to fall straight through. I realize there is enough tension to probably prevent that from happening but still a bit concerned. Any issues with that!?!

I haven't got a TK11 anymore to check but I recall the head wouldn't actually fit through. I think there was a small lip that prevented it maybe? Also the grip ring on the Tk11 would prevent it falling all the way down even if it did get pushed through the open bottom.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
harddrive,

So final verdict is the TK11 fits fine???? Just got the Blackhawk holster to put on my belt to house a backup Z2 with BOG drop in. However, like any flashlight nut I would like some thing brighter.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Yes it worked fine! The Blackhawk mod-u-lok is still my favorite light holster to date! Its a great design that is practical and simple! Once you try it I think you will like it!