Drop-ins for Surefire M2

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I know this has probably been beaten to death but I couldn't find alot of useful info on it. I'm basically looking for opinions on drop-ins other than Malkoffs. Either DealExtreme or Solarforce. I think they are basically the same. It can be drop-ins you used, liked, hated, etc... I'm looking for either just a basic 1 setting On / Off. A multi-mode could be acceptable but I'm not looking for some 5+ mode light. Simple!!! I know this will stir alot of controversy...WHY NO MALKOFF's!!! I love my Malkoff drop-ins and YES..I realize they are built 10x better than any other drop-in out there but I'm looking for something cheaper. Not my normal way of doing things but just checking my options.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
x2... read the PP60 drop in sticky for general info. That should help you trim down your list of potentials.

I have been using DX:3218 in my M2 with cheap RCR123 cells. Its not as bright as a P91 on IMRs but brighter than a P61 on primaries.:thumbsup:

I don't like the M2 for reflector LED drop ins, the bezel obstructs too much light, so the side flood is very limited. The only LED modules that work well in the M2 are the Malkoffs, their beam dispersion pattern clears around the bezel ridge.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Dereelight for factory offerings(www.flashlightconnection.com <great dealer, look under Dereelight/P60-style dropins), and search threads started for forumite "nailbender" for some custom options.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The best piece of advice I can give you is to get a C2 bezel and use that with your M2 to host LED drop ins. The C2 bezel does not obstruct side emitted light quite as much as the M2.