Fenix TK20 Problem

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've owned my TK20 since about Feb 2009 and have carried it on duty ever since. I've never had a problem with it and love the warm white LED.

I brought it home today to show my wife, as she's considering getting one for herself. As I was showing her the different modes, (clicked on) it shut off. It has now started to do this semi-regularly (about 10-15 more times tonight) and the only thing that turns the light back on is twisting the tailcap about half a turn and re-tightening.

The light had almost new Energizer Lithium batteries and I checked with a new set of Alkaline AAs and the problem still occurred.

Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so what might I be able to do to fix the problem. I suppose I can send it back if necessary, but if there's anything I can do to fix it without having to send it out, I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
unscrew tailcap and tighten the clicky retaining ring ...you will see 2 little notches ,use tweezers or something

3rd pic from bottom for reference

from now on change batteries from the head so you never have to worry about loosening that ring

Last edited:

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I think you did it! Thank you sooo much!

The little ring didn't really seem loose, but I used a small pair of needle nose pliers and it did tighten up a bit. I've tried it a few times and it seems to work great.

Thanks again!