Help me decide

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a new thrower. Already have a DBS v3 & deciding whether I should get the raptor. Is there an R3 coming out soon or does Dereelight have plans to increase the reflector size for maybe a DBS v4? Would hate to buy this one & have something new literally come out the next day, but if it stays current for at least 3-4 months then I think I can live with that.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
No news of any new Dereelight thrower, but then again, you'll never know till it's launched. As for Jetbeam, yes, a Raptor-3 using SST-90 is on the horizon. Or the Olight Intimidator.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SST series are all floodlights like MCE, right?

Nope... If you look at ThruNite's Catapult, you'll see that SSTs can be dedicated throwers too. And I strongly suspect the Intimidator is a dedicated thrower too and not to mention Jetbeams are known for their throw.

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Nope... If you look at ThruNite's Catapult, you'll see that SSTs can be dedicated throwers too. And I strongly suspect the Intimidator is a dedicated thrower too and not to mention Jetbeams are known for their throw.

Damn I guess I should have done a little more research - the light looks nice, but I'd still like to see some beamshots compared to an RRT-1. The run time on 2 16340's might be a little too short for me. 20-30 min? I wouldn't want to carry around an extension tube either. The light still looks pretty nasty.