Tiablo flashlights owner experiences

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I am opening this topic for a simple reason... To find tiablo flashlight owners and to discuss about Tiablo flashlights and also about problems that could occur using it...

I am owner of Tiablo A9 flashlight + aspherical head...

I can tell U that this is good flashlight for invested money but I have some issues with it...

1. When U use this flashlight constantly on high mode(until batteries dies) with RCR 123 batteries its driver can be easily burned out...
More of this here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/246243

2. After repairing it (not really repaired just put on direct drive so I can not use RCR 123 just one 18650 battery) and mounting on gun after I made shot on low mode settings It have been lost... So low mod has been lost...
*Now I only have high mode. When I click low nothing happens, then high mode which works perfect, and off mode*

3. There should not be problems using aspherical lenses but U need to buy additional "O" ring in a car parts shop and put it on a emitter part ring to make it more firmly...

Overall I am pleased with this flashlight... I think all mistakes have happened because I was fault...

So Tiablo owners please share your problems and solutions here...

Thanks.

Last edited:

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
I own the A9 and use RCR's almost exclusively, usually on high with no problems so far...If i had to guess I'd say I've run it 10~12 times from full fresh off the charger RCR's untill the protection kicked in.

Also with 18650's from full charge to protection a few times, but it's understandable that with this configuration the pill will stay cooler since the A9's output decreases constantly in this configuration

However the light has been hand held and used in pretty windy conditions(15~25mph) so this probably helped keep the temp down.

I also own a TL-1(Mk I) and like it very much.
The only issue with it is the inability to ramp/program the brightness when using fully charged 14500's(but this is well known about the 1st gen TL-1's). For me this isn't an issue because I usually program my lights and leave them that way 99% of the time; plus, once the the voltage drops to 4~3.9v then it can ramp just fine.

It get's kind of warm when running 14500's on max for extended periods but not to a point where I consider it to be potentially harmfull.

Overall I've liked my Tiablo lights and wouldn't hesitate to get another one(which I'll probably do sooner rather than later)

I must say that I was a little disappointed with the output & throw of my A9, but that's probably because I expected way too much out of it. I've found it to be more of a general use light with good throw when compared to say the Rapidfire Spear.

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
I too own a Tiablo A9 with the aspherical head. I consider the throw to be excellent for the size of light, however I do utterly detest the Low-High-Off UI.

It's a royal pain in the arse when I' out lamping (so I usually take my M30 & weapon mounted M20 now instead), this alone would preclude me from buying another Tiablo, which is a shame because otherwise I think it's a quality light.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently using the tiablo with the tactical on/off forward clicky.
no problems here.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Thanks to all of you for replying this thread...

Mr. Ache... When driver burned on tiablo it was constantly running 1,5 hours without stop on rechargeable 123. Flashlight was not hand held it was on a table in a warm house... So I am interested did U used it such period of time on high same like in mine case?(1,5 hours on high without turning it of) And how good throw TL-1 has?

Mr. Rancid Badger I also think that low-high-off mode sucks... But if they made high-low-off it would be perfect for me. Tiablo also have pretty expensive remote switch (around 20$) but I bought it and now works fine... I am impressed not only with aspherical head throw(useable 200 meters) it throws pretty well with stock reflector to 80 meter (and higher but U can clearly see on this distance)
Have any of U idea how to fix low mode on my switch which is not working?

Mr. Ccsih I am curently running on remote switch it works fine but I found that I would be rather heaving tactical forward clicky switch so I will order it also... I think it is about 15 $...

So mostly no bad experiences with tiablos? Well I did have but probably by my fault except low mode that died on a switch when I make a gunshot:thinking:

I would like that more Tiablo owners reply with their experiences...

Last edited:

maxilux

Enlightened
I had many, many Tiablo A9 , but never heared before from this Problem, where did you buy your A9, what says your dealer to your Problem ? Can it be you have not an Original A9 ?

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I had many, many Tiablo A9 , but never heared before from this Problem, where did you buy your A9, what says your dealer to your Problem ? Can it be you have not an Original A9 ?

And I had many (8 so far) but I sell them to people... So do U use many tiablos for selling them or U actually use all of them? I have only one that I am using...

I put the picture so U can C...It is original (I sent email to tiablo they said it is genuine) My friend gets me tiablos from Canada...

Last edited:

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Rancid Badger I also think that low-high-off mode sucks... But if they made high-low-off it would be perfect for me.

I fail to see the point in a "low" mode on a dedicated thrower such as this. Besides which, even if they do feel it absolutely necessary to include it, having a UI which necesitates you having to cycle through it, is pretty appalling.

When I bought it, there was no tactical tailswitch available, now that I'm aware there is, I may look at getting one in order to weapon mount the A9.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Tiablo A9 since nearly 2 years. From the beginning I used it with the textured reflector because I didn't like the artifacts and rings of the smooth.
Later I bought a Fenix TK10, which I found better for general use than A9. Therefore I placed the smooth reflector in the A9 to make it to my thrower light.

A year after that or so I bought the aspherical lens, which made the A9 blowing away everything I had earlier experienced when it comes to throwing ability. I now use A9 only with the lens.

From the beginning I have been using A9 with the forward clicky and primary CR123. I have never experienced any problem with it.
I like that the brightness after the light goes out of regulation continues to work for hours of diminishing, but still useful brightness. This makes (the same as with TK10) that you will never be suddenly left in the darkness.

Regards, Patric

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I am also blown away with aspheric lenses...

U can just imagine what will happen when they invent aspherical lens for tiablo A10 G...

Although it will be larger and heavier than on Tiablo a9...

Or should they rather improve A9 model?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt that it would be a big improvement. It would be just slightly brighter than A9, but not that difference like the difference between A9 and A10 with the reflectors.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I doubt that it would be a big improvement. It would be just slightly brighter than A9, but not that difference like the difference between A9 and A10 with the reflectors.

Regards, Patric

10 - 15% would be great improvement... For example if TA9 throws 200 meters A10 would throw 20 - 30 meters more with probably brighter light ( r2 emitter? )

Or putting different driver circuit in a TA9 with R2 emitter that runs on 1 × 18650 battery?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
10 - 15% would be great improvement... For example if TA9 throws 200 meters A10 would throw 20 - 30 meters more with probably brighter light ( r2 emitter? )

Or putting different driver circuit in a TA9 with R2 emitter that runs on 1 × 18650 battery?

I just meant that the difference isn't nearly as big as with reflectors (ca 21380lux vs 45700 according to Lightreviews). I actually doubt that a difference of 10-15% is more than subtle. That difference is, when comparing lights, only noticable with a side-by side comparison.

Regards, Patric

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I don't have A10 g yet (I plan to order next year) but it is huge differece in stock reflectors as U say... Except aspheric that is a litlle bit stronger than A10 reflector?

How much farther A10 throws in practice? A9 throws up to 100 meters (80 meters of good usable light... old magcharger out throws it -120 meters usable light but they R really not to compare - just want that people have some idea about throw and that magchargers are still great but to big and to heavy )

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I also have an A9 with aspheric/collimator head and smooth reflector.

I found it out throws my TK11 R2 by quite a margin and is useful to ~ 200 yards with the reflector and with the collimator is useful way past 200 yards, nearer to 300!

The close white wall shots with the reflector are awful with rings and unevenness but out at range is where this light matters and it does a good job.
The switch is my biggest dislike on this light and in my opinion a terrible design. Off-low-high-off is just awful and it has no momentary on which I like to use a lot. If a new switch could be made that just was a forward clicky with momentary on I would not miss the low mode at all.

On the battery issue I have no opinion but do use AW 16340's in it for it's full light output potential. I don't use it for long periods but it has had quite a few charges through it.

Overall a nice size thrower with a horrible switch is my verdict.

Aspheric at 20 yards...
003.jpg

At 64 yards...
004.jpg

At 115 yards...
005-1.jpg

At 150 yards...
002-1-1.jpg

At 230 yards...
003-1-1.jpg

The pic at 300 yards is a very poor one and tells you nothing as it is too blurred but the beam is still useful at this range.

Steve.

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I don't have A10 g yet (I plan to order next year) but it is huge differece in stock reflectors as U say... Except aspheric that is a litlle bit stronger than A10 reflector?

How much farther A10 throws in practice? A9 throws up to 100 meters (80 meters of good usable light... old magcharger out throws it -120 meters usable light but they R really not to compare - just want that people have some idea about throw and that magchargers are still great but to big and to heavy )

I found my A9 with reflector has usable light to a far greater length than your figures?? Up to around 200 yards in fact!
I know we may have different perceptions of what usable light is but I can't get my head around your low numbers?

Steve:)

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I found my A9 with reflector has usable light to a far greater length than your figures?? Up to around 200 yards in fact!
I know we may have different perceptions of what usable light is but I can't get my head around your low numbers?

Steve:)

Well Steve I am hunter and when I say usable light I mean distance at which U can really see game animals like deer or smaller because at 80 meters ( 88 yards) U can recognize weather the animal is male or female, does it have
feeler (horns) or not...

Sure it goes up to 150 meters and maybe more... but illuminates only eyes and shape of the animal but U can not see important things in hunting mentioned above...

U could probably see human silhouette at 120-150 meters but U will not know for example is this is your neighbor John or Peter or even Julia :laughing:

So Usable light with stock reflector is 80 meters (maybe little more)

With aspheric up to 200 meters (maybe little more... The brightest distance point of aspheric is at 130 meters...)

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an A9 with the resistored 2 mode switch. Totally not something I expected from a brand known for quality. The resistor burned out and left me with a reverse clicky that worked on high, and had to click twice to turn off.

Tiablo didn't have a solution for me.

I had to buy a momentary switch (actually a tailcap, and I don't think you can find them anywhere now) to make it a single mode, but the momentary tailcap I received was completely the wrong size to fit my light. I had to swap out the internals of the tailcap with the one on my light, then it worked okay.

I got an A7. What a horrendous UI on this light. I've never had a light with a UI this annoying. I emailed Tiablo and their only suggestion was that I read the manual. I've never carried the A7 because of this. =\

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
U C People that I am not the only one that have problems with tiablo flashlight...

I can just say although I have issues with it there is nothing that can not be handled...

I will go to electrician next week in hope he will fix low mode on low-high-off switch...

Low mode was turned on and flashlight was fixed firmly into gun mount on barrel and when I took a shot on a wild pig (it was on low mode) it suddenly died...

Mr. Divine... I would probably be angry on Tiablo after receiving that answer but I think that they have bad costumer service and they are not experts but ordinary "unlightened" people like I... Because hiring an expert would mean more $$$ minus for their company...

And If they could not help me to resolve problem I would resolve it by myself...

I think Tiablo is good product even if something bad happens it can be repaired... I have Tiablo warranty but I have not tiablo distributors in Croatia and I am so stupid for electricity... but I will fix every problem that occurs (or someone else i will pay to:popcorn:)

And one more thing... Why Tiablo dont sell spare parts for flashlight? I would like to order spare emitter and driver whole part but they won't sell?

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
When driver burned on tiablo it was constantly running 1,5 hours without stop on rechargeable 123. Flashlight was not hand held it was on a table in a warm house... So I am interested did U used it such period of time on high same like in mine case?(1,5 hours on high without turning it of) And how good throw TL-1 has?

That looks like the cause for the overheating....I never leave "high output" lights at 100% with no extra cooling in warm weather. Many(myself included) have done this with no ill effects, but when lights get really hot their failure rate increases.

I have, however, tested the A9 in candle mode on Medium and left it on my desktop for about 30 minutes. Although it got warm, it wasn't "driver frying" hot.

It look's like it was, unfortunately, an unlucky break for your A9 :( ...I'm sure most A9's could be left on in a drawer in the summer countless times, get very hot, but not suffer immediate permanent damage.