Comparison PD30 vs LX2 (NO PICS)

Hot Call

Newly Enlightened
I just bought an lx2 and compared it with my pd30 tonight.

Which is brighter? PD30 by a bit
Which is whiter? PD30, LX2 had a green tint
Which has better UI? LX2
Which has better beam quality? PD30 has a smaller hotspot but too much of the light is lost in the wide wide wide spill. Where I point my flashlight is where I want to illuminate! if I point my light at the middle of a room, I want to see the middle of the room, not the damn ceiling. The LX2 has a larger hot spot but about 85% of the light is actually in the hot spot resulting in a excellent spotlight with enough spill.

Which light is better at blinding someone? I don't know but I have a story... It was midnight and I was in a home without lights. I shined my PD30 on turbo into a burglary suspect's eyes from about 25 feet away. For the 10 seconds I had the light on his face, he was still able to keep his eyes open and look directly at me. Haven't tried with an LX2 yet so I wouldn't know the answer.

Which do i prefer? LX2

My only negative of the LX2 is the green tint. Should I call surefire about this? If my LX2 had the tint of the PD30 it would be perfect.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I shine a light at the middle of a room, I want to make sure I shouldn't be worried about whats on the other parts of the room. I don't mind any tint really.

About the ceiling issue, watch out for the ninjas.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
The larger hotspot you describe would make it alot easier to shine into a suspects eyes :thumbsup:

I love the TIR optic that the LX2 uses!

:twothumbs

Size15's

Flashaholic
I find that LED tints are exacerbated and exaggerated when comparing one LED beam to another. Both can look white individually but side-by-side one or perhaps both look unpleasant.

Of course if an LED beam is unpleasant in use by itself then why not contact the manufacturer or dealer/retailer to discuss it.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too true!

My neutral quarks make my other LED's look blue.

My Surefire Incans make my neutral quark almost look blue!