Polystinger LED failure - known problem?

dwever

Newly Enlightened
Recently I was working only my second shift with a new 185 lumen Streamlight Polystinger, and the rubber surrounding the On/Off push-button switch had come out of the barrel and was hanging half out.

I used to have a 90 lumen Stinger as a primary light, and never had a problem. The state buys Stingers, so I guess they've worked pretty well.

Is this a known problem with the On/Off push-button switch with the new C4 Polystinger or older Stingers?

The very first Stinger I ever had, the lens used to get a little ring of moisture, so this is my second Stinger problem, but I'm pretty hard on them. I've never had a problem with my Pelican 7060 or 8060 although they've never been really soaked yet.

Last edited:

bkumanski

Enlightened
The rubber cap just pulls out. You can push it back into place no problem. They are replaceable so they don't glue them in.

dwever

Newly Enlightened
I wish that were true. I have tried to push the rubber cap back into place endlessly, and the front part where it came out there remains a gap where water can easily enter.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like it ripped, and you need a new one. Contact Streamlight to see if they offer extra button caps.