i found this on craigslist is this a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The first thing I do when I see something like that is check DX and see if there is something the same or similar to that for a cheaper price, and there usually is.

"This package RETAILS for $139.00" Haha, really?
Here's the light (TrustFire TR-803), charger (DSD charger), and battery (Ultrafire/Trustfire RCR123).

Total?
$25.89

From reading the reviews, the light might not even have an actual driver (much dimmer with CR123s/3.0v batteries).

Last edited:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't see good enough on my PC, but is there any way you can see what brand the light is? On initial impression, I'd hafta say that yes, it DOES seem like a good deal. If you can see or find out the brand you'd be able to find out a lot more about that particular light. For that price, INCLUDING RCR123's and a charger, I'd be tempted to jump on it!

PJD

Edit: Good research, Gunner...some DX lights are actually pretty good bang for the buck. On the other hand, some are absolute CRAP. Most times, you DO get what you pay for...

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
some DX lights are actually pretty good bang for the buck. On the other hand, some are absolute CRAP. Most times, you DO get what you pay for...

I know, I own 3 DX lights, 2 of which are broken of my own account (Just need to solder the LED back on). The best way to find a good light is to read the reviews, both here and on DX.

DM51

Flashaholic
This is an inadequate basis for a thread, and the wrong place to post it anyway. It's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.