Can't Decide

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
I want something brighter, basicly with great mid-range lightly about 50feet or so,
I currently have a 6p Bored to fit a 18650 AW26 with a M60 but I
Don't know if I should just wait for Moodoo's Triple Xp-G's to come out or to purchase another drop-in for the mean time?

mikes1

Enlightened
I have a Moodoo Triple Xp-E and it is all I use for scouting around outside! Mainly looking for the cats at bedtime
I highly recomend his dropins I may upgrade to the Triple Xp-G

Mike

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
I'm on the Xp-G waiting list and Dan had mentioned that there might be some in the 3rd batch but....I'm thinking of nailbenders p7 drop-in for now maybe...depends on how long the wait is lol.
How's the light on nailbenders p7 it compared to moodoo's triple and gene's m60 ?

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
give the sst-90 drop-in a try, i love mine for the sheer amount of light it throws around

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
its a bit brighter, and FAR cooler running as 2.5 amps would be driving the LED at 1/4 spec so it doesn't get that hot at 2.8, and the beam pattern is much prettier.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
cool cool, any small boards that can run it at higher amps for a p60 drop in yet? lol

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
nailbender's dropin runs at about 2.5A (i have it in my bored 6P) i think he will do direct drive too, but an 18650 will only do like 4 amps unless you get an IMR and all that.

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened
Also does the sst-90 have a better runtime than the p7 at the 2.5amps ? or is it the same efficiency just can be pushed harder?

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
sst-90 is about 100 lumen per watt at 350mA/mm2 (die is 9mm square) data sheet can be found here I would assume the runtime is the same as nailbender uses the same circuit and it provides the same current to both...it just produces more light with the same current

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Driving a LED at 2.5 amps, no matter the LED, will give very similar runtimes.

If the P7 was driven at less then 2,5 amps, then it could have more runtime, but also less output.

To drive the LED harder, you'll need even more heatsinking. The heatsinking is limited by the size of the drop-in.