MC-E in a Fenix P3D

Wiz

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if the stock driver in a P3D Fenix could be made to drive a MC-E emitter? I know that the four emitters in the MC-E can be wired individually so I'm hoping there is a combination that would work.

Thanks in advance.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if the stock driver in a P3D Fenix could be made to drive a MC-E emitter? I know that the four emitters in the MC-E can be wired individually so I'm hoping there is a combination that would work.

Thanks in advance.

You can wire the MC-E 4P (all parallel), but the MC-E will be under-driven. Assuming the P3D driver puts out 1000mA max, then each of the dies will receive approximately 250mA. This will still be decently bright, but in that application I think I would recommend an XP-G as it is much smaller (easier to fit) and nicer to wire up (2 leads instead of 8 which you will need to bridge into 2 sets of four).

Wiz

Newly Enlightened
You can wire the MC-E 4P (all parallel), but the MC-E will be under-driven. Assuming the P3D driver puts out 1000mA max, then each of the dies will receive approximately 250mA. This will still be decently bright, but in that application I think I would recommend an XP-G as it is much smaller (easier to fit) and nicer to wire up (2 leads instead of 8 which you will need to bridge into 2 sets of four).

You the man :rock: thanks for the reply, I think I'll do just that. I'll use the MC-E to breath some life into my Surefire U2, once I can get the darn thing apart!

Thanks again.