New to the scene...

Opentoe

Newly Enlightened
I never thought I would ever be joining an online forum for interest in flashlights. I'm very glad to see there are many other people also attracted to this. I've always had a curiosity with flashlights. Always had to check them out in any store I went to. Never bought everything I saw, but I've spent my fair share of money on them. Have many of the little pocket LED's and a couple 80 lumen models.

My friend told me that "Surefire" is the best, but like everything else it might be just a brand name that is popular and certainly not meaning the best. I usually can tell when something is made of quality parts and the small surefire I have is of a very good quaity. I only have one Surefire and a couple other less expensive models. All around 80 lumens.

Anyway, I guess I have lots of reading to do. I'm looking to try and squeeze more lumens out of the Surefire I have. Or, buy a new model that has loads of power so I can make the night turn into day. :)

Well, if anyone has suggestions where to start I would appreciate it. I'm basically looking for a very bright long lasting portable. I have a Surefire Z2 Combatlight but want something much more powerful.

Glad to be here.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look into Malkoffs. You might even want to have it shipped off to ElectronGuru to be bored for 18650s. Even better results when an 18650 is paired with a Malkoff. Lots of guilt free lumens.

Kiss your wallet goodbye.

signal 13

Enlightened
The Malkoff M60 drop in has become the standard drop in replacement for all of my Surefire lights, including my rifle and shotgun weaponlight. And the M60 is a drop in I trust enough to use for police duty. You just can't go wrong with the M60, or the rechargeable M30 version.

www.malkoffdevices.com

Look into Malkoffs. You might even want to have it shipped off to ElectronGuru to be bored for 18650s. Even better results when an 18650 is paired with a Malkoff. Lots of guilt free lumens.

Kiss your wallet goodbye.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Hide your wallet.

For upgrading the C2, here's yet another vote for a Malkoff Dropin.

For something even more... save up and read up. There are some very powerful, yet very portable flashlights available these days. The first thing you have to decide is how big of a light you want to carry and what kind of battery you want it to eat.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi and :welcome:

If its recommendations that you'd like, i'd advise you to fill out this checklist and edit your first post or something and then sit back and let the recommendations roll in.

You will be very pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere and easy going nature of the members of this forum, it is easily my favourite forum, nay, perhaps the only forum that i currently contribute actively to.

lovecpf

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome Opentoe. You've come to the right place for all things flashlight. Who new there were more of us. Spreading like zombies, we are.

Geoff

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf! One nice thing to check out here is the Marketplace. There you can sell your old (in my case usually 2 months or less) light so you can partially fund the New 'even cooler' one you want to buy...or buy a barely used light and same some $$$. Also the Dealer/Manufacture's forum will let you know about lights soon to be out.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What size do you want?
What about battery type?
Do you want a "wow" light, or a more usable one?

As the posters have said before, get a LED drop-in for your Surefire. That should increase the output and runtime.

Then either go for something bigger or smaller. Either a quad die or large die LED light with lots of output, or a smaller light which is bright for the size.

:welcome: