Virus Removal?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know anything about removing a virus called Antivirus Pro? Ive looked all over online but they all seem to offer some kind of adware removal program which at this point I cant trust. And all of their manual removal solutions cant really be followed because this virus has my computer pinned down so hard that Ive lost all administrative control of it. This includes not being able to turn off User Account Control or even bringing up the Processes window with Cntrl+Alt+Delete. Can anyone help me?

Newly Enlightened
Try Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Look it up on google, it is a free download and it saved me twice so far.

If Antivirus pro is that phony looking windows antivirus program, it should work, I had the antivirus 2008 virus and easily removed it with this program.

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1, or is it 4, on Malwarebytes. That should get it. But from what he's saying, he may not be able to install it without Admin rights.

If you're not able to install it, you'll have to remove the drive and add it to a different machine as a slave drive and run Malwarebytes on it from there.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm..no admin rights?

safe mode, then a SDfix, which should either get rid of the virus, or cripple it enough to let you run malware bytes.

CaseyS

Newly Enlightened
I had to do this for my mother recently. Your infection may be different from hers, but here's what I remember:

For starters, do you have trouble running executable programs? The virus may muck with your registry and make it difficult to run any executables, including Malwarebytes. If that happens, on another computer, download the EXE file association fix here to a flash drive:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

On the other computer, extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to the flashdirve before plugging the flash drive into the infected computer:

To run the fix, you need a command prompt. See the note at the top of the above link for instructions on getting a command prompt when EXE's are disabled.

When you get a command prompt run the following command:

regsvr32 <path to .reg file on your flash drive>

After running that, you should be able to run IE and download and run Malwarebytes as others have suggested.

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
Had an issue recently and only thing that picked it up and removed it was Previx 3. It was a rootkit virus. I also have malwarebytes but it didnt find the bug. good luck

eprom

Newly Enlightened
You can try to use Bitdefender Rescue CD, it is used for Viruses, Malwares, Spywares, and Rootkits. It is an Totally free tool. First Download the iso than write it to cd with FreeISO Burner . Set your boot sequence to CD from Bios and Boot from CD.

Tool is based on a Bitdefender Virus Scanner under Linux. It will update itself when loading. When it started, it will automatically scan your system, when the scan completed it will ask you what to do.

Goodluck...
EpRoM

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could install Linux. I have yet to have a single virus/spyware/malware-related problem since I started running it full-time. I do still run a Window VM for my 3D cad programs, and a few other apps, but everything is pre-screened before touching my Windows system.