I need your prayers

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
My youngest brother went through major surgery last week. After a recent colonoscopy, the doctor found over 300 pollups in his colon. My brother had to have his colon removed last Thursday to avoid getting colon cancer. The doctor also found more pollups in his small intestine and the small intestine, unlike the colon, can't be removed. He is in recovery now, but is in a lot of pain and has had a few problems during his recovery. Colon cancer is what my Mom died from days before the Witch Fire. For those of you who believe in God and know he can perform miracles, I ask that you pray for my brother to have a speedy recovery and that all of the pollups can be removed or healed so he doesn't develop cancer. He is autistic and has been sheltered from real pain for much of his life. Even when my Mom died, he didn't fully understand what had happened. But the pain he is going through now is internal and he can't ignore it. Thanks in advance for your prayers. My brother's name is Jonathan.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I will never understand is how some people can be given so much and others so little. It's not worth trying to comprehend, but when too much thought is put in, it tends to get more confusing.

I don't pity your brother, but I respect all he must go through. If he understands or not.

I do pray everything works out the absolute best it can.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hooked on Fenix, now that I've got a big knot in my throat I just want to tell you how sorry I am that your brother is going through this. It sounds like your family has experienced quite a bit of hardship with your mom passing a two years ago and now this. Please know that I will indeed be praying for Jonathan during my daily prayer time. My heart goes out to your brother and family. Stay strong and continue to be a great encouragement to him.

Paul

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am truly sorry to hear about this.

Healing thoughts sent to your brother Jonathan, may he get well soon and as painlessly as possible.

Warm thoughts to your family to deal with the situation.

Vesper

Enlightened
Best thoughts and prayers for you and your family. It sounds like you've had to deal with more than your share already - hang in there.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your brother Jonathan and your family will be in my nightly prayers. I hope he is able to make a speedy recovery and make it through this tough time.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
HOF, has the doctor recommended any dietary changes for him? Hopefully he can do some things to help avoid developing further polyps and to heal those that he has.

He will be in my thoughts. :grouphug:

pw

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
A good and prudent thought but dietary changes might not be possible with his brother.
I have had some autistic clients that would literally starve themselves to death if they didn't get just what they wanted to eat.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
HOF, thoughts and prayers for your brother. It is obvious that you love and do your best to take care of him. Thanks for being there for him as he goes through this tough time.

MrSneakyMan

Newly Enlightened
My compassion and prayers are with you. Its an incredibly emotionally taxing thing to see someone close and loved suffering in this way.

amigafan2003

Enlightened
I can't pray for you as I'm an atheist but you can be assured my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

ducat

Newly Enlightened
PM sent to God.
I'm on the team of a new Church plant that really believes in the healing power of prayer. I'll bring your brothers illness to the group tonight for prayer.

God Bless and keep you both.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good and prudent thought but dietary changes might not be possible with his brother.
I have had some autistic clients that would literally starve themselves to death if they didn't get just what they wanted to eat.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. As for his diet, after our Mom died, I have been getting him to eat a heathier diet little by little. He's now much more open to trying new things. It wasn't just the death of my Mom that forced him to change his diet, but all the recalls on his favorite foods forced him to branch out. His diet used to consist mainly of peperoni pizza, chicken, and cheese. That has changed dramatically. When he gets home, he will be limited from eating some foods because of his condition. I don't know yet what he won't be able to eat, but I know that it will include some normally healthy foods.