Summer Solstice!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
19 hours, 21 minutes of daylight in Anchorage today!

It's 11:53pm now, the sun is "down" but looks like it just went down!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, but you have winter to look forward to. That ought to give you some relief. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
We got exactly 16.00 hours of daylight here in Seattle yesterday - sunrise at 5:11am and sunset at 9:11pm.
And I thought I had it bad being a flashaholic here... but those poor guys in Alaska have it even worse than I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
16 hrs 45 min here... (5.19am - 10.04 pm) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well, it's heading in the right direction again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Is it Circle where they have the 24 hour softball game during the solstice? I was in Delta Junction (Ft Greely)back in the early '70's, just before the solstice, and they were talking about the 24 hour party up north of Fairbanks. It was strange haveing 22-23 hours of daylight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
And I thought I had things bad when we had 18:18 or so of daylight in Juneau...now that we "only" have 16:00 of daylight in Seattle, I don't feel so bad being a flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yeah, but it's always "Flashaholic Season"...you never know when you are going to need a torch at work, the movie theater, looking for those "lost treasures" under the table in the corner, perhaps an unannounced medical examination /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

Yes, the shorter days of light are coming our way now...I'm not sure of that 24 hour softball game, but it rings a bell and you would think "Circle" would be a good place to have it. I think Barrow is one of the places that has like 6 months of sun and 6 months of dusk???

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Barrow must suck to live in... the average high on June 21 is 42°F and the average low is 32°F. Yuck!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
It's so darn hot and humid here this time of year I would cut my wrist if we had 16+ hours of sunlight.

I do remember living on Whidbey Island in WA. and appreciating the sun after the long wet winter and short days. Those 6 weeks of summer were beautiful. IMO that area is the prettiest landscape I have ever seen even though you only get to see it a few months of the year.