ssc p7 help please

las3r

Enlightened
hi guys i ordered a ssc p7 emitter and a driver from kaidomain and had a few quistions

1. i bought this driver >>>http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=1770

with the SSC P7 DSXOJ LED emitter

would one protected 18650 battery work well with it ? iwant it to me bright for my first mod :) any help would be great if im on the right track

also im wanting to use a 1D mag on this build

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Specs say that the driver needs a minimum of 2.6 Volts, so a single 18650 should work fine.

Have you read the user reviews on that page? Apparently, the drivers come with some extra solder. And a modification must be made to obtain the full 2.8amp output !

But at that prize, who cares .....

Regards,

Ra.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
The boards I received Q1 and Q5 where already connected
besides it is not too difficult to solder across ;)
To make it look neat, use a fine tipped solder iron and a thin
gauge solder.

BTW .... 7135 based boards are perfect for single rechargeable li-ion cells :thumbsup:

las3r

Enlightened
i bought the driver from a member on here and he wired it up for me. but i hooked it up to a cr123 batt and does not look that bright like i see on this fourm :(

las3r

Enlightened
there is only 4 wires soldered to the board ?

1.neg to the battery
2.pos to the battery
3.neg to the emitter
4.pos to the emitter

is that all that needs to be done to this driver ? i see nothing else done to it

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a bigger cell that can output the necessary current
I dont think a 123 cell can manage 2.8A
Have you tried a 18650 ?

las3r

Enlightened
no not yet, my order from DX has not came in yet, i had ordered 2xrecharable/protected 18650 battery's i hope thats good enough and i hope it makes it brighter if not it might be the driver ?

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
i bought the driver from a member on here and he wired it up for me. but i hooked it up to a cr123 batt and does not look that bright like i see on this fourm :(

Non-rechargeable battery? Rated at 3 Volts? Then you would need a boost circuit to run the P7 at full power. A 7135 based driver will effectively knock down the extra voltage from a 3.7V Li-Ion to fit the Vf of the P7 which is probably in the 3.25-3.6 range. A primary Lithium battery will run the P7 in direct drive and not especially bright either as it will be under-driven.

las3r

Enlightened
Thanks tx101 when i get the 18650 battery ill test to see how much current is going through it and see if its brighter

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
here is the batt i ordered that i do not have yet http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20392

i only tested it with a ENERGIZER 3.0v cr123 batt that i have on hand is this set up ok ??

if i use the 18650 batt insted ?

A 3 volt battery is totally fine for testing the wiring and everything, but great light output can't be expected as it is under-driving the P7. The 18650 has proper voltage to run the P7 at full brightness without a boost circuit. It should be much brighter with the 18650.

las3r

Enlightened
sweet i did not no if the driver needed to be modded or anything like jumpers or anything just besides the pos and neg going to the battery and pos and neg going to the emitter