M3 Reflector with Bubbles

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
My Z46 bezel came straight out of the Surefire package and went into a pot of boiling water (no more than 5 minutes) in order to get the bezel off. I can't say if the reflector was like this prior to its hot bath or not. The "bubbles" flex a bit when pushed on with fingernail. Was this my own doing or a defect?

M3Reflector.jpg

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't look normal. I had a P91 reflector do that with extended runtimes, but it didn't affect the beam all that much. Looks like that one might be toast. Folks sell those M3 reflectors on B/S/T every now and then when they replace them with a D36 LA or LED drop-in.

Superdave

Enlightened
that's probably your doing..

use a heat gun next time :thumbsup:

when i took the ring off of my old M3 reflector i didn't even have to use any heat, i pushed it into a 2x4 and twisted. It came right out.

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. For now I'll keep playing with LEDs and aspherics in it. But, it would have been nice to use it as it was designed at least once...

Superdave

Enlightened
you could just remove the rest of the coating and use a dremel to sand/polish the aluminum, Talk about a thrower :) . Or maybe someone knows of a place that'll re-cote it.