Maglite Solitaire upgrade?

o0o

Enlightened
Is there anything out there that can convert a Solitaire to LED?

As you know, the standard Solitaire goes from average to lousy output after about 5 minutes of use.

An LED upgrade that extends the runtime to at least an hour would be nice.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Did you check the stickies? A Mag upgrade thread is there.

And if you search for "solitaire" in titles only, you will come up with MANY homemade upgrades and mods.

jupello

Enlightened
You should be able to find "Bi-Pin LED MODULE FOR MAGLITE SOLITAIRE" from ebay. There have also been similar upgrades from other brands, but I haven't seen many of them for sale anymore.. and I don't think any of those solitaire upgrades offer terribly good performance compared to modern led lights..

Last edited:

o0o

Enlightened
Too bad the only upgrades are from Ebay. Not sure I'm comfortable buying from there. Do they have proper security? (encryption, etc)?

Roberts30

Enlightened
Too bad the only upgrades are from Ebay. Not sure I'm comfortable buying from there. Do they have proper security? (encryption, etc)?
Yep, Ebay is a very secure place.. I have had over 150 transactions both selling and buying, and never a bad one. :thumbsup:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
'bi pin module for maglite solitaire' brings up an ebay item for £4.27 bargain

boomhauer

Banned
I simply got some 20,000 mcd leds (5mm) and stuck one in the Soli (had to enlarge the reflector hole first, though). That and a 10440 battery and I'm a happy camper - it's about 3x as bright as standard, but long running and useful illumination.