Testing the Surefire G2

pahl

Enlightened
This morning I decide to test my Surefire G2 to see how water resistant it really is so I took it in the shower with me this morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Not only was it kind of cool seeing the light beam of the G2 under the shower, but I now know it can handle very heavy rains outside without any problems.

I know the G2 is not water proof, but I'm still thinking about testing it in a tank of water anyway and if it leaks I may try to make it water proof.

Also if it does not leak I may take it to the lake and sink it to the bottom to see what depth it can go to before it does leak.

I'm sure if I search the forums I will find others that have does all these test, but I think it would be fun to do them myself to see what happens.

Has anyone ever drove a truck over a G2? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why do I all of a sudden feel the need to test my beloved G2 to the braking point.

What's wrong with me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think its just a need to give ourselves a good idea of what the limits of our lights are so we'll know what to expect of it. i'm happy to report my C2 (my favourite incadescent thus far) has been to a depth of at least 2-3 metres without leaking, whilst activating the push button switch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif