ARC LSH-P vs. Badboy or Madmax

BigMac

Enlightened
Can somebody compare these lights for me? I am deciding what light should be my first Luxeon Star light. I have narrowed it down to these 3, but I cannot find specs on any of them. I think I have seen a runtime chart for the Badboy but now I cannot find it. If someone could tell me runtime/brightness for the LSH-P, Badboy 400+ w/QL3, or Madmax+ w/QL3 I would appriciate it. Any other differences/likenesses (beside price, obviously) would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Do a search in the Reviews forum for "Run-Time" for the past year.

Don't use the ""

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Well, one think I really like about my BB500 (I own an LSH-P as well) is the fact that I can put a McFlood reflector in it as well as the NX05 optic. I also have a mineral glass lens which I really like compared to the Arc's lexan lens. Also, if I want to switch to a BB400 or Madmax, I can.

The LSH-P really as the size advantage, though. I also like the HA finish compared to the Maglite.

If you buy the BB, go for the Q3L upgrade. At the time, I didn't know what that was and I regret it now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'll try that search now.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
BigMac,
I have two BB400 Q3L modules in a Brinkmann Legend 2AA and a Minimag 2AA. If you are going to get those, here are a few hints. Get the mineral glass ($1.50) gives it a classy, brighter and clearer optic. The McFlood aluminum reflector is sweet, it is in the mag and the NX-05 optics are in the Brinkmann. I find that I get around 2.5 hours out of my batteries with the BB400. If you use them with a minimag, get the Kroll tailswitch so it will work a lot better. The tailswitch will keep wear off the pill.
One good thing about the Brink or Mag, they look like a normal light so they have less chance of walking away.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc LSHP will throw a light farther than the BB/MM modules; by virtue of the high dome... But for my own applications, I find that the low dome does quite well on the BB, and I still prefer my BB400Q3L over the 3 if I were not looking for a long throw application. The MM+ for me is quite bright (brightest of the 3), but its runtime is less desireable over the BB400's...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Regulated runtime on my LSH-P with lithiums was almost exactly 5 hours.

Brightnorm