• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TRADED!: McGizmo "oil slick" Mule

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
icon6.gif
McGizmo "oil slick" Mule I have one of the very limited run (1 of 60 made) infamous "oil slick" Mules to offer for sale. The finish has a rainbow cast and appears like oil in water thus the reference to the name of the color termed "oil slick." This McGizmo is next to impossible to find and rarely surfaces for purchase. The tailcap has been upgraded and now features a Glow In The Dark boot and softer button. The light engine is a single stage with a green glow disk from SGT Led. I am asking *** shipped in the USA but willing to ship anywhere for additional charges.

arcls008mediumte9.jpg

arctj8.jpg

arcls006mediumrn6.jpg

*** :cool: I have attached a copy of the description found in a post from Don's original sales thread:
Back to these sets... I have 140 sets of the EN Nickel plating available and 60 sets of a black nickel plating. Black is misleading but that's what it is called. [The body and head are 6061T6 aluminum. The Clip is 6-4 Ti. Mineral Glass window. Battery size: single CR123 or equivalent. Light Engine not included in the set. McClickie switch in tail of battery pak]

EN-Black-set-side.jpg

EN-Black-set.jpg

I can see where black can be used as a descriptive term relative to the normal nickel but it isn't black and it isn't uniform and it isn't easy to photograph or describe. I am going to use a number of terms that I think will fit for the population of these and they are not all the same!

Mottled, distressed, milky, bronzed, aged darkened copper, crankcase oil.... There are irregularities in the depth and color of the film and light effects what you see as well as reflections off the surface itself. The machine shop told me they had one plating shop that was doing a new process of black nickel and I said cool, something different yet still functional since the black nickel film is electrically conductive. I didn't know what to expect and now that I look at these, I am not sure how to describe them. Different, funky, unique, aged? :shrug: I know, it's a black nickel finish and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. For some there may be no beauty here at all for others maybe there is.

The black nickel finish was more expensive than the EN but not as much as I had been led to believe. I think it is an appropriate color for a mule.

Last edited: