• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Clear head for MG L-Mini II

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
The head of the MG L-Mini II can be easily removed because it has only to be unscrewed by hand.
Without any head, this flashlight is the perfect flooder, with a very wide (~180°) and uniform beam, but the led isn't protected at all and the slightest direct shock can destroy it.
That's why I made a clear head, without any reflector, to protect the led while keeping the same beam than without head.

Tete_transparente_L-Mini_II_0.jpg

Tete_transparente_L-Mini_II_3.jpg

Tete_transparente_L-Mini_II_4.jpg

Size of this head:
Height: 27 mm
External diameter: 27 mm
Internal diameter: 20 mm

Beamshots of the L-Mini II R2 WF:

Standard head:
MG_L-Mini_II_R2_tete_normale_4.jpg

Without head:
MG_L-Mini_II_R2_sans_tete_4.jpg

Clear head:
MG_L-Mini_II_R2_tete_transparente_4.jpg

Last edited:

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
:takeit:
Good idea! :)
Thank you.
I already sell this head but only in France because international shipping fees are too expensive, the head itself is expensive too, and it is only compatible with the L-Mini II whose the led is glued (the R2 version is not glued).

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lermite,

Are you offering these for sale or not? Because if not, I'll move this thread to Homemade and Modified lights forum.

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
Lermite,

Are you offering these for sale or not? Because if not, I'll move this thread to Homemade and Modified lights forum.
Let's do as if I only sell them in France, and presents them on CPF just for fun.
You may move this thread in a more adequate forum.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Thank you.
I already sell this head but only in France because international shipping fees are too expensive, the head itself is expensive too, and it is only compatible with the L-Mini II whose the led is glued (the R2 version is not glued).

You only sell in France? *sigh * There isn't any chance of some cheap (and slow) shipping? I imagine those heads can't weigh much at all...

Winx

Newly Enlightened
Hard to believe it's that expensive to send that clear head. I sent two 6P bodies to Electronguru and registered letter cost 7€.

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
Cheap shipping and France don't go together. Even the cheapest shipping is quite expensive: 16.90 € (~$25) to USA.
In more, the head itself is rather expensive because of its small quantity: 32 € (~$48).
As if the price was not enough, there is a compatibility problem.
This head does not maintain the led. That means the led PCB has to be glued and only the Q5 version of the L-Mini II has a glued PCB. The R2 is only mounted with thermal paste and a reflector is needed to avoid the led to move.
I glue the R2 of the L-Mini II R2 I sell but, because of local taxes, mines are much more expensive than Shiningbeam's (56 €, ~$84).
That's why my products are not interesting outside of France.

The clear head weight is only 7.4g/0.26oz but it has nothing to do with the shipping cost because the lowest weight threshold is 1kg/35.27oz
Sometime, I'd like to be in China :(

Last edited:

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
Rectification: I found a quite cheaper shipping option : 2.80 €
That greatly reduces the price of the clear head including shipping: 32 + 2.80 = 34.80 € (~$52)
Please feel free to contact me by private message or email (contact at puissanceled.com) if you're interested.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Rectification: I found a quite cheaper shipping option : 2.80 €
That greatly reduces the price of the clear head including shipping: 32 + 2.80 = 34.80 € (~$52)
Please feel free to contact me by private message or email (contact at puissanceled.com) if you're interested.

Awesome! I might just be contacting you in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping to have my first L-Mini II by then. :)

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! I might just be contacting you in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping to have my first L-Mini II by then. :)
You're welcome ;)
Remember that the led has to be glued to be compatible with the clear head.
All the L-Mini II Q5 but only my R2 have a glued led.
If you get an R2 from elsewhere, you'll have to glue the led yourself with this kind of glue: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4579