National Jr. Olympic 3 Position Air Rifle Comp

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm fairly quiet about my family, however just thought I'd let everyone know this:

My 16 year old son's high school rifle team took all the 1st Place awards available to them this past year in the State of Alaska. Their 4H Rifle Club also took State Championship (as they also did last year)...and will be representing the State of Alaska in competition against teams from all the other States tomorrow & Tuesday in Wilmington, North Carolina. Last year their club came home with the "Gold" and they are very strong contenders in this year's comp also!!

Here's hoping & wishing that they do it again!! Hey, it's something a Dad has to do!!

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats great! My GF shoots comp air pistol and .22 pistol @ a club, she was soooooo close to making high lady last year. Maybe a club will sponsor him to shoot @ the olympic training ctr like the club she shoots @ did./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

So, what lights did you send with him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Most cool.

IMHO teaching a child about firearms and gun safety is one of the great bonding experiences between a parent and a child. More parents should teach their kids to shoot. My fondest memories of childhood were the times spent hunting with my Dad. You have got to be proud.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Josh - That would be a memorable experience for him if it could happen! I can only wish him the best and hope each shot is that indeed!

Dave - Yep, I remember hunting with my father - good memories! Wish I could have made the trip with my son!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Josh said:So, what lights did you send with him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
He took an ARC LS "Grey" that he built (thanks Don!), an ARC AAA, and one of those little keychain lights that County Comm was selling for a $1.

He saw and swam in the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in his life. Of course he forgot and left his keys in his shorts...called and told me his little keychain light is toast (corroded), the ARC AAA is fine (though I told him to make sure he rinses it off and opens it to ensure no saltwater was inside the tube), and the ARC LS "Grey" was at the hotel with no need to be rescued! (I don't think it's waterproof or resistant and definitely not "replaceable"!)

His first flashaholic "punishment zone survival tale"!! You know he'll grow up telling his kids about taking those torches into the ocean, I can hear it now with some "shark story" embellishments, giant killer squids, rabid stingrays, and how the little ARC AAA scared them away or something!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sig,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'm a NRA sharpshooter (3rd bar) myself. I bet you're one proud pappy.

Dan

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Wellll, they did well! They bested themselves, as they shot 16 points higher than their own "Gold Medal Winning Performance of 2002", however evidently many other's improved also!

They took 4th this year in the Scholastic Team division (?). They are only losing one shooter to "graduation", so next/this year's team should still be strong and all the better due to competing in this years comp as well.

Now the long road starts again to get back to the top! They had a GREAT time and the pressure of competition at that level is really good for them!! Here's hoping for next year!!