Can I modify my rechargable MagLite to LED?

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
Can I modify my rechargable MagLite to LED? It's the full size rechargable model. Pretty old light, I think the batteries are going to go soon? The thing looks brand new. I would like to make it a real blaster of a LED light.

#1 Any recomendations for parts or a place/person I could send it to to modify it for me?

#2 How long do the batteries in these type Mag lights last? Is there a right or good kind of battery I should replace the stock batteries with when they go out? Can I replace them and they will still charge on the OEM charging mount that my MagLite came with?

thanks

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is the LED forum, but why not try modding it for more power? There are a few Incan options that can really brighten your light (no pun) without replacing too many parts

Check out the Incan forum for more ideas! :naughty:

As for LED options, maybe the light gurus can help out here.

ionizedsky

Enlightened
:welcome:

Well I think this is probably your best upgrade for a lot of light out the Magcharger model.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/magcharger-tle-300mr.html

You can also get a new rechargeable battery stick that can still be charged in the in light on the charger stand.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/streamlight-fb-5h1.html

Not sure what the factory battery is rated for or even what type of battery it is. The one I listed above should be a pretty good replacement though. Specs are contained in the links of both products and should provide well above what your looking for.

Can I modify my rechargable MagLite to LED? It's the full size rechargable model. Pretty old light, I think the batteries are going to go soon? The thing looks brand new. I would like to make it a real blaster of a LED light.

#1 Any recomendations for parts or a place/person I could send it to to modify it for me?

#2 How long do the batteries in these type Mag lights last? Is there a right or good kind of battery I should replace the stock batteries with when they go out? Can I replace them and they will still charge on the OEM charging mount that my MagLite came with?

thanks