Crazy KL3 walking stick.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
This is a great way to dispose of AA alkaline batteries. Put a KL3, with traffic cone, on a Surefire D3 with every battery extension I've got. That's 2 A14's and 3 A19's. Add six AA's and away you go! Going to try it tonight on my nightly walkabout. I have no idea what the runtime will be. If I like it I may spring for 6 2200 Mah NiMH batteries and a charger. You have to see this to believe it. Think it's about 2 feet long. Used the Plastic AA battery tubes that came with DSpeck's UBH II kits.
oldgrandpajack

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have dspeck make me a 4AA barrel for my KL1 for the same use. I just picked up an E2c adapter for it though, and I think I might just see how long a P61 can run on 4AAs.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I've been thinking of asking DSpeck to make me one of those myself. Something with cooling fins up front to help disapate the heat from a P61 or KL4. Think I'll wait for things to slow down for him a little first. Also considering a 6AA tube for the KL5. I don't know the limits his Machine Shop has for length. May be a problem drilling a hole that deep with his equipment. Both tubes would be drilled for AA's only for safety sake. Hate to see what happened if someone put 6 or 9 123's in series. I was original thinking of using NiMH rechargeable batteries but have changed my mind. The Prophet has been giving out very informative info about rechargeables. Since reading his posts I think that Nicd batteries are more appropriate. What are you going to use with the P61?
oldgrandpajack

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want long?

Try combining extenders to run a 12V SF N61 or N62 TH HOLA with 4/3 A NiMHs. Each cell is twice that of a CR123.