Explanation of Liteflux LF2XT

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Can someone explain to me how the Liteflux LF2XT CUI and FUI work? I've looked at the text and flow diagram explanations but they just confuse the heck out of me! I'm really considering getting this light but the UI is holding me back.Thanks!

KuKu427

Enlightened
I just leave mine in CUI. That's probably your best bet if you find the programming instructions intimidating. It's still very useful and flexiable in CUI.

Once you get it and have a more specific question, I'm sure there are plenty of people here willing to lend a hand.

Gatsby

Enlightened
If you leave programming out of the equation (since generally you program it and then leave it alone) I think it can be distilled simplistically into:

CUI

Press the switch once for on, once for off.

When on, press twice to toggle to the lowest mode, press twice to toggle back to the medium/user set level.

When on, click once and then hold to toggle to the highest level, click once and press to toggle back to medium/user level.

In the medium user level (or any level) press and hold to ramp up, press and hold again to ramp down.

That's it really - very simple

FUI

This is oddly once programmed even simpler. You have one to five levels and you cycle between them, once you click once to turn it on, by clicking twice. If you have three levels, low, medium and high, you click once to turn it on and if you don't have memory on it will come on at the first level - in my case low. Click twice to go to medium, click twice again to go to high, click twice to go back to low, etc... in my case I have memory off so it always starts in level one = low for me. With memory on it would start in whatever mode you were in last.

There are a lot of other features and bells/whistles but the basic operation is a "toggle" with ramping in CUI and a "cycle" interface in FUI.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once you get the flashlight in your hands, the instructions become much simpler, since you will be taking in and doing only one step at a time.
I agree with you that flow diagrams are overwhelming if you are just getting started. However, use the written directions that come with the light in conjunction with the flow diagrams, and you really shouldn't have a problem. If you do, just call on any of us for help.

qtaco

Newly Enlightened
I think the flow diagram vastly over complicates things to be honest, as it tries to put all the information in front of you at once. In reality you'll only be dealing with a small subset of the instructions (or flowchart) at any one time (ie programming a modes intensity OR type, toggling an option etc).

After the initial setup I haven't needed to do anything beyond check the battery voltage occasionally, so even if it's difficult it isn't something you'll need to do very often.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Don't be intimidated. It's really pretty simple after some playing. I agree with BabyDoc about reading each step, then following it on the flow chart. Worth the trouble.

Geoff

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed, they are all much more simple as it seems.

First, there is the CUI, which is very simple and functional. I want my lights to start on the lowest level, so I programmed the FUI that way. For the different options (momentary, auto-off, memory...) I simply stick to the manual, to change the different modes doesn't require many different click operations, you do it twice with the manual, then you are used to it.

Of course I assume here that you also can operate a computer and your recording device. People who land here reading this should be talented enough though! :rolleyes:

This now reminds me that I still have to print out a manual as I didn't get one with my light... :shrug:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always thought that none of the various explanations out there do a good job of communicating the scalability of the interface. That is to say, if you don't want to memorize anything, you don't have to: you can just click to turn on, click to turn off, in either UI.

Or, you can go a level deeper and change the output mode/level by double clicking in FUI, or by holding to button down in CUI.

A level deeper than that, you can use shortcuts, like holding the button in FUI for max, or double clicking in CUI for min.

And so on, another 15 levels down, but I think you get the point. So how about this: you answer a few questions, and I'll try to give an explanation that goes only as deep as you need. Sound like a good idea?
1) Do you want to learn both interfaces?
2) How many modes will you regularly use? How many on a regular basis?
3) Do you need to know how to change your setup without consulting the manual?

The interface is really quite nice and intuitive once you get to know it, even at the most complex levels.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
I really just want a low > medium > high mode lol. Something really simple, can this be done? And how do i cycle between them once i do set it up.

bansuri

Enlightened
I really just want a low > medium > high mode lol. Something really simple, can this be done? And how do i cycle between them once i do set it up.
Yes, you can program the FUI to 3 modes and set each of them to the levels you want. You can turn on/off mode memory so you'll always start on the first level or your previous level. When you set it up like this you will still have access to Full output and Random Strobe by the press>hold and click-press>hold methods.
You would cycle between modes by double-clicking.

Or just use the CUI. The only problem with that is there are fewer options to allow you to get it dialed in.
The interface is not nearly as difficult as people make it out to be. If you can memorize your telephone number, or SSN, you can remember the few commands required to get this light dialed in. You don't NEED to memorize all of the advanced programming instructions, just use them to set it up and then you can customize it on the fly by knowing 3 or 4 click sequences.

Last edited:

LED Cool

Enlightened
i can set it up with low, mid & high and then send it to you. that way you can straight away use it out of the box. but you need to decide your level of low, mid & high in percentage before i can do that.

for example, 2%, 10% & 50%. the 100% can still be access by pressing and holding (PH) down the button in any of the 3 modes. so you actually get 4 levels of output.

khoo

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

Easily, and in a few different ways. The simplest is this: leave the flashlight in FUI, and set it to 3 modes, at the levels you choose (low-medium-high), and choose whether or not you want it to remember you last mode, or always come on at a certain level. And choose what battery type you plan to use (li-ion or alkaline/NiMh). After you've done that all you will ever need to know is: click to turn the light on, click to turn it off, and double click to switch levels.

If you answer the questions above I can give you click by click instructions to set it up. Or, you could take LED Cool up on his offer - I've found him to be one of the best dealers around :thumbsup:

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for all the help everyone. I dunno though, now i'm starting to really have second thoughts about what light i want. I'm a real sucker for keychain lights, but lately i've been debating heavily between keychain CR123a, 1xAA, and 1xAAA lights. The AA seems like the best bet since its only slightly bigger than the AAA lights but it has 2-3x the battery capacity.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
yea i was looking at that one. I think i might just get like, the Quark mini cr123a, Quark mini AA, and Preon kit / Liteflux haha. I want it all!

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for all the help everyone. I dunno though, now i'm starting to really have second thoughts about what light i want. I'm a real sucker for keychain lights, but lately i've been debating heavily between keychain CR123a, 1xAA, and 1xAAA lights. The AA seems like the best bet since its only slightly bigger than the AAA lights but it has 2-3x the battery capacity.

Having several of each, I can say that for me 1xAAA lights are a little bit of a stretch for keychain carry, and 1xAA lights, 1xCR123A, or anything bigger are much too big for a keychain. However, you might be comfortable carrying things a lot bigger than keys on your keychain. On the other hand, you're right in that 1xAA lights are a lot more robust in terms of output and runtime. The Quark Mini AA or 123 might be a good compromise, but I would not recommend the NiteCore EZ series.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Having several of each, I can say that for me 1xAAA lights are a little bit of a stretch for keychain carry, and 1xAA lights, 1xCR123A, or anything bigger are much too big for a keychain. However, you might be comfortable carrying things a lot bigger than keys on your keychain. On the other hand, you're right in that 1xAA lights are a lot more robust in terms of output and runtime. The Quark Mini AA or 123 might be a good compromise, but I would not recommend the NiteCore EZ series.

Whats wrong with the nitecore EZ series?