Romisen RC-N3 Q5 Super Sharp Edges

Superorb

Enlightened
I just got my RC-N3 Q5 from Shiningbeam last week, and I noticed that it has an extremely sharp edge on the head where it meets the body. All the other spots seem like they've been smoothed, but I've already cut myself once tightening the head. It was such a clean cut that I didn't notice it till later. You can also notice a little chip in the body at the joint.

Is it supposed to be like this?

_MG_2695.jpg

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Romisen RC-N3 super sharp

That would be a definate no!! No light should cut your skin when you tighten the head!!!! Send it back - there is no way to fix this yourself short of filing the sharp edge down and thus ruining the ano finish.

Good luck with it.

James...

Superorb

Enlightened
That would be a definate no!! No light should cut your skin when you tighten the head!!!! Send it back - there is no way to fix this yourself short of filing the sharp edge down and thus ruining the ano finish.

Good luck with it.

James...

definitely not. RMA it and request a replacement. Mine is sooth around that edge.

I was afraid I'd have to send it back, but at least I know it's not supposed to be like this. Thank god I got it from ShiningBeam and not DX. I'll email Bryan and see what he says.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
All of mine have that lip around the head, but they all are blunt edged. Like at least a 1/32 of an inch flat. Sorry this is wasting your time. The RC-N3 Q5 from Shiningbeam is still, IMHO, the cheapest, brightest, durable light for the price.

Superorb

Enlightened
All of mine have that lip around the head, but they all are blunt edged. Like at least a 1/32 of an inch flat. Sorry this is wasting your time. The RC-N3 Q5 from Shiningbeam is still, IMHO, the cheapest, brightest, durable light for the price.
It's my first "quality" flashlight too. It just seems like they forgot to machine that edge. I also noticed that where the threads start are very sharp as well. I really don't want to, but I think I'll have to send it back for an exchange.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely shouldn't be able to cut yourself on it.

The head of the light actually separates into two pieces. Is the topmost part of your light loose?

Also, the head of your light looks slightly different than the one on my RC-N3.

Last edited:

Superorb

Enlightened
Definitely shouldn't be able to cut yourself on it.

The head of the light actually separates into two pieces. Is the topmost part of your light loose?

Also, the head of your light looks slightly different than the one on my RC-N3.
It's not loose at all, it screws together with a quality feel.

I'm not sure why it;s different. What is different about yours?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
On mine, the area between your sharp edge and that line where the head connects to the main body tube is concave on my light.

Yours appears to almost be V shaped.

BTW, you should resize your image...the maximum picture resolution for the site is 800x600.

Superorb

Enlightened
On mine, the area between your sharp edge and that line where the head connects to the main body tube is concave on my light.

Yours appears to almost be V shaped.

BTW, you should resize your image...the maximum picture resolution for the site is 800x600.
Gotcha, I've resized them. Here are some more shots.

_MG_2697.jpg

_MG_2696.jpg

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks fine in you later pictures...must've been the camera angle on the first one.

The two pieces that make up the head certainly are not matched well.
I'd get hold of Bryan and RMA the light.

Superorb

Enlightened
It looks fine in you later pictures...must've been the camera angle on the first one.

The two pieces that make up the head certainly are not matched well.
I'd get hold of Bryan and RMA the light.
He's already emailed me. I'm waiting to hear back from him now. I'm thinking of ordering an RC-H3 light while this one is in for exchange, although I really want a light that has a low power of around 10L lumens.