• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XP-G R5 Surefire E2DL

mfrey

Enlightened
New E2DL head modified with XP-G R5 from Cutter. Stock converter. Stock optic.

$95 plus $5 shipping/insurance. PP fees covered.

Mint E2DL body and tailcap available also with purchase of the head for $45.

Bezel removed in above image to show build.

Image underexposed to show beam profile. What is not shown in image due to the underexposure and zoom is the large defined spill. Color as pictured is bluer than in reality.

The gap in the head as shown above is consistent with the bezel at its ideal focus but it can screw down further. The beam develops a tighter hotspot with a slight dark corona around it if the bezel is tightened.

Mod Procedures:

1. All head components properly disassembled and fastidiously cleaned of residual factory adhesive
2. Original emitter desoldered and removed
3. Heatsink emitter recess carefully masked and bead blasted to remove residual factory thermal adhesive and add some reflectivity when light is used in optional "mule mode" with head removed for wide beam.
4. Cutter 10mm MCPCB milled to 0.032" thickness to allow for proper bezel focus without head gap.
5. Milled MCPCB deburred and installed with Ceramique underlayment for thermal conductivity.
6. New M22759/11-24 leads resoldered with Kester solder

Observations:

The beam is smooth and nicely centered. As others have noted, the XP-G produces a wider beam with more spill than the original XR-E which I find more desireable for defensive or general use. It does, however, throw a bit less than the XR-E. This particular emitter is within the cool range (as all XP-Gs currently offered are), most noticeably around the periphery. It's not obnoxiously blue but it bears mentioning. The head is completely upgradable. You can easily opt for a warmer S2 when they are released if you desire.

The build went smoothly. The finish is as new. I'm only selling it because I have an LX2 whose interface better fills my needs.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: