**Empty Wallet Alert !!** 2010 Fenix PD20 !

LumenMan

Enlightened
I see on FenixTactical.com that Fenix has just redesigned the PD20. It now has a Pocket Clip & 190 Lumens on Turbo :huh: :party:

geoffg

Newly Enlightened
But it no longer has a choice of op or smo reflector and neither does it have the perfect shape to lend itself to a cigar hold

Not the best move from Fenix IMHO

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Fugly compared to the old

hmm i do miss my smooth slick fenixes...but i didnt like using them because they were too smoth. but the new pd20 designs did evolve...its got knurling and the anti roll head similar to other brands out there.. and the U shaped tail cap which somepeople like...i dont..i like their flat all around ones..

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fugly +1

I like the old Fenix lights MUCH better. Fenix should use a different name for these; these lights look so different than their predecessors. (Especially the PD10 with the chrome clip...in any case the clips probably can't be removed without scratching the body.)

Last edited:

Dole

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE all the things Fenix has changed with the PD series. I have a P3D Q5 and all the things I don't like about it have been fixed... For example.

1. I hate how smooth the P3D is... very tough to hold onto with gloves or to twist the bezel when wet.
2. They made the clicky easier to click without comprising tailstanding ability.
3. Removable clip (which I would probably remove)
4. Its Brighter!
5. It looks cooler.

And I realize this is for the PD20 and not the PD30... But i figure it works for both

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fugly +1

I like the old Fenix lights MUCH better. Fenix should use a different name for these; these lights look so different than their predecessors. (Especially the PD10 with the chrome clip...in any case the clips probably can't be removed without scratching the body.)

I have three of the new Fenix models and I do agree they could have named them something different all together.

I haven't scratched any of them when I remove the clip and I didn't do anything special but pull it off.

About the relfectors IMO they are the best Fenix or maybe anyone has done yet. They are a hybrid of smooth and textured, except for the PD10 it looks like a very light OP. When you remove the clip it leaves a nice little spot to hold it with a cigar hold on the PD30+ , this is the only way I like to hold a light and really don't like lights without it in this size.

Last edited: