Batteries stuck in Maglight

bagman

Enlightened
I tried to rotate the batteries in the 5 D celll Mag I keep by the side of the bed last night and could only get 3 of them out.

The torch still works but 2 cells will not budge.

Any ideas please?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago, I posted with a similar problem of a stuck Energizer AA in a Maglite. The best advice I got was to call Energizer and send it in for them to look at. A few days ago, I got a check for $20 from them.

Thanks.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Maglite will also replace it, depending on the batt manufacturer. They have agreements with three I think. Contact them thru their Mag web site.

bagman

Enlightened
I am afraid it has army issue batteries in it rather than branded ones??

notos&w

Enlightened
rayovac replaced my 3d w/ 8 batteries and a check for $35 when this happened to me. i only use rayovacs now.

Threepio

Newly Enlightened
I had this problem a few years ago, some Duracells leaked and swelled in my 3D Maglite. I was able to peel the rubber button cap out, this exposed the switch assembly. Remove the spanner nut, now the switch assembly will slide out the front of the light, allowing you to pound out the batteries with a dowel or something.

It seems to me that I've had more problems with Duracells leaking, than with Eveready or Rayovac... Bob

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't used Rayovacs long enough to know they won't leak...

But I have become used to using them based on trouble with Duracell and Energizers. As a bonus, they cost on average some 25-30 cents cheaper!!!

I will use Energizer Lithiums, simply because WallyWorld carries them as cheap as anything I've found.

TOB9595

Enlightened
Couple o weeks ago I posted re cleaning the barrel of my 5d mag. Looks like you'll need some of that info due to the army batts
frown.gif
If you need to take it apart here's info posted by the nicest folks. I guess taking it apart is the only option then using a drill, I had no luck with dowels.
http://www.orderoutdoors.com/msr_2.html

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
The US-Military has bought damned-near all of their alkaline batteries from Rayovac, for at least 15 years. Unbranded green/black batteries gave way to the 'normal' Rayovac black/gold/red several years back, when someone figured out it was cheaper to get the 'industrial'-branded Rayovac's, and that batteries INSIDE a device really don't NEED to be green....

Off a Rayovac Maximum 9v battery from the New York State Army National Guard: "Guarantee: we will replace or repair, at our option, any device damaged by this battery if sent with batteries prepaid to us. Guarantee void if battery is recharged. Manuf. by/for Rayovac corp., Madison, WI 53711"