I need a flashlight. Help!

TuckerPatterson

Newly Enlightened
Well I am always in need of a flashlight, and have carried them on my belt before, but lately I haven't been wearing belts and seem to be without a light much of the time.

I always have a pen clipped to my left pocket and I've had a sharpie sitting along side it for a couple of weeks. I barely notice it and can still use my pocket easily. I think this is the size I want. I want it to have a pocket clip for sure, or i'll never carry it. And I want it to be durable and reliable. Battery life doesn't matter too much to me as batteries are always at hand and it won't be used constantly very often.

I'm a complete flashlight noob so I can't wait to hear your feedback. Thanks all.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
First off, a few questions to help us narrow down the selection.

What price?
Batteries?
Beam pattern?
Modes? (low, high, strobe, etc.)
Size?
Output?

I'm guessing a AAA powered pen light could be good. A clickie tail could be better then a twistie but that will depend on the user. I'd suggest looking at the Quark Preons, the Fenix LD01 and LD05, iTP A3, Liteflux LF2XT and LF2X, Maratac AAA, Streamlight Microstream and Stylus Pro, Nitecore EZ-AA, and there are also some more expensive and some cheaper lights too that could work (like some on this page).

Coupon at 4sevens is "CPF8", at Shiningbeam is "CPFuser"

This thread could help, also check the review section and other reviews from other sites so you can pick the light that suits you best.

:welcome:

Burgess

Flashaholic
The LRI Photon Proton Pro has an absolutely WONDERFUL deep-carry pocket-clip.

And, it's made of lovely Brushed Stainless Steel, ta' boot ! :thumbsup:

(the clip, that is. Not the flashlight) :)

Another good choice is LumaPower ConneXion X2, in 1xAA or 2xAA.

This also has a Very Effective, deep-carry pocket clip.

It's made of a simpler, "heavy-wire" material, but works GREAT !

I EDC both of these flashlights, as deep-carry, by their pocket clips,
and they have NEVER failed me ! :twothumbs

PS: Can you tell that i am a big fan of Deep-Pocket carrying clips ? :cool:

Oh, by the way . . . .

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

_

stallion2

Enlightened
i started looking for an EDC a couple months ago and began w/ anything that ran on one CR123....mostly because I was unaware of what was on the market in terms of AA and AAA powered lights. after 2 weeks of researching i opted for the Fenix LD20 and have had no regrets since. if you're ok w/ keeping pens and sharpies in your pockets then the LD20 won't take up much more space, gives you 180lm and w/ only 2 AA's. mine has no clip but I believe Fenix has a tactical version that has a clip. otherwise you could make your own or adapt one from another light w/out too much trouble.

in summation, its bright, uses the most readily available battery on the planet and is smaller than 3 Bic pens taped together.