mag 1aa?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
what's this?
fbdc2e35.jpg

fbdc1572.jpg

fbdc1577.jpg

fbdc157f.jpg

it seems as if imagestation is darkening my pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

can it be that maglite has come out with a 1aa minimag while we weren't looking?

no...but i did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the idea was to see what it would look like (rather nice i think...my sister would call it "cute"), and to make the light a little (lot!) smaller.

i don't have a madmax (yet...), but i designed this light with that in mind.
with a cuttoff voltage of .8 for the madmax, it should last quite a while on a single cell, and provide good illumination from a small source.

edit - added more pictures

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
pm sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jkthomson

Newly Enlightened
did you just measure exactly the length of a battery, and hack it off the end, and re-tap?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
pretty much...

actually, i took off a little less than a batteries worth, then tapped, then size it down. this insures that it works optimally...i don't trust all that measureing stuff...i test-fit my work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's ALIVE!!!!!! You done it. You know, that would get decent runtime with a solitaire bulb.

I am interested in seeing how the MM does in that. I am also curious how the MM would do with a single NiMH.

dirobesh

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
5/8-28 tap

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone decipher this for the technically challenged (me) please?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Five eighths of an inch, 28 threads per inch, tap.

That is sweet. It will work well. I have run my new MadMax+ Q3s from one AA NiMH, and they are plenty bright for a light this size.

Good work!

I'm next!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! That looks totally pro. I wonder if it would be capable of running the Opalec Newbeam?

PayPal sent!

Wilkey

Prometheid

Newly Enlightened
Wilkey,
According to Opalec FAQ, the red low-battery indicator comes on at 2.0 volts, and the reserve function kicks in at 1.8 volts. One AA cell isn't going to do much for the Newbeam.

Kerry

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
it seems as if there might be some interest in this light...

i think i'll post it in the bst, and when i get my madmax (they're backordered until july 10 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ), i can make another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
guess not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i can't really use it until i get a madmax anyway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
If you can afford them, the CRV3s made by Duracell, the ones RadioShack rebranded, and the Everady ones made in Japan!!!! can be stripped to yield 2 3V, 1500mAH, AA lithium cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(Edited: Yes AA, not AAA.)

Larry