The NEW Novatac lights

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 120P, and like it, but do not use CR123 lights too often. I was interested in the AA light that they have made, but I am not impressed. For just under $100.00, pretty much every light I own (2 AA format) and have seen available, outshines and out performs this new Novatac. 30 minutes of runtime and 120 lumens???:shrug: Is it an incan?????:shrug:

streetmaster

Enlightened
Yeah, that AA performance isn't very good. I'm thinking they didn't even change the driver to run better with AA's. There's a lot of other AA lights out there that will do better. To be honest, I'm not even interested with the AA model anyway. I have loads of RCR123's, so I'm looking at the Storm or Special Ops models.

sfca

Enlightened
Hmm there's already a thread here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/209507&page=9

I inquired, and quoting myself - too lazy to read and paraphrase
Okay I got the lowdown!

The current rating for the Novatac Special Ops model is 120 lumens for 70 minutes, 30 lumens for 9 hours.
No step down after 30 minutes, running at the set rating until the batteries run out.

What retailer? The one I mentioned before (drat!).
Turns out one day - ONE DAY after I got a response and emailed them back, someone bought the 2 in stock and 40+ expected later this month. 50 flashlights!!!

Anyways big up to them for responding to me - they'll have much more available on the 1st week of December, and I believe they might be shipping to Canada ($6.50 shipping) as well which beats $75 pre-sale + $35 shipping for sure.

Southern Tactical and Defense y'all.

P.S. They also have 2 pewter models they can ship on the 22nd*. Good luck!

*Nov 22nd - that's today

jonesy

Enlightened
Nothing to worry about, they're just mimicking Surefire's modus operandi!