minimag led issues

Reptilezs

Enlightened
just picked up a minimag leg, the new one with the multi modes. the light doesnt want to turn on when i twist the head. very intermitent. ill twist the head and need to hit the light to get it to turn on. the batteries are fine, tried a set or nimh rechargeable and the ones that the light came with. is this a common problem?

GPB

Enlightened
It's not a common problem as I have had a few of the lights and they have all been problem free. Depending on your ambition and location, it might just be easier to go back to the retailer and swap it for a new one. If you do want to trouble shoot it, here's how to go about it. First you have to identify if the problem is with the bulb or the light body. If you take the light apart and separate the bulb from everything else. Just connect 2 AA batteries directly to the bulb and see if it lights. If it doesn't.....its a bad bulb. If it lights dependably, you have a bad connection in the light body. If you have a multi-meter you'll just have to find where the circuit is broken.

Like I said..it might just be easier to replace it with a new one.

BP2000

Newly Enlightened
I have two of these lights. One has a tailcap that has two internal springs that make contact to the side of the barrel. It does not matter if the tailcap is fully tightened to light up.
The other does not. It is like a Mag "D" style where the tailcap has to fully tightened to light. My point is that you may have the latter model and your tailcap is not fully tightened.....Hope this helps.

Reptilezs

Enlightened
i think i got it. the tail cap connection was fine. it was somthing with the pill. i just twisted the pill a little bit so the contacts moved around a bit and touched a different spot