My new Inova broke (??)

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a rebranded Victorinox aaa light along with a Vic Tinker for $20 from Sears a few days ago. Wanted the light because it matched my EDC knife, a Vic cadet. Not the newest technology, but a great white tint, and took a common battery.

Anyhow, after a few days of pocket carry, I noticed the light was flickering a bit in use. So I rapped it on the back of my hand a few times and it flickered a lot and went out. Rapped it again, and it came back on. A few more raps on the hand, and its now out for good. Tried new batteries, nothing. Whadda y'all think: should I try to give Inova's (reputably excellent) customer service a call?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up a rebranded Victorinox aaa light along with a Vic Tinker for $20 from Sears a few days ago.....

Sorry to hear that your light failed. Was it the 2xAAA version shown in the photo below?

I didn't experience a failure, but the light emitted wasn't as bright as I had expected so I sold mine.

I have two of the 2xAA versions and they have been reliable so far.

If Sears won't take it back, you should be able to send it in to Inova for warranty service or replacement.
victorinox-2aaa.jpg

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Yes sir, it was that light. Yea, it wasn't as bright as my other pocket lights, but it was about twice (maybe more) as bright as my E01, and I loved the tint and the alox finish. Think I'll call Inova. Already sharpened up the little Vic, so I don't want to take the whole package back to Sears (plus I can see the look on the Sears guy's face when I bring in half the package and ask for a return haha :laughing: )

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt Inova will want to take care of the light, as they were contracted to make the light. My guess is they'll refer you to Victorinox or to Sears.
I was never impressed by the quality of these particular lights. :(

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
the literature with the light states a lifetime warranty and to refer stuff to Emissive Energy i.e. inova. So, we'll see what happens.