Moonlight modes?

yowzer

Enlightened
What currently-produced lights have a moonlight (<1 lumen) mode? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Quark line, but sometimes when it's really dark, even their .2 lumens seems like too much... I find myself wanting to play with something .1 or less, if such a light exists.

Thanks.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
THe Lf2X is still slightly brighter than my quark i think, have to go check.

the Spartanian II circuit allows for a lower low than quark, and the Photon Freedom circuitry does MUCH lower still. Lowest of all is the Safelight on "find me" mode. even WITH dark conditions, you cant see beyond a meter with that

Crenshaw

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Surefire Titan goes really low. Out of all the lights I own, that one has the lowest low of them all. :)

I recently put my Novatac 120P on lowest and put it beside my Quark AA in moonlight mode and it seemed to my eye that they were roughly the same in brightness. I would hazard a guess that the current Ra lights offer the same low level.

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
The titan has a low that is incredibly low. I have my camera lended to a friend but I snapped this comparison picture with my cellphone.

titanquark.png

The titan is set on super low, and the quark AA is set to moonlight.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The titan has a low that is incredibly low. I have my camera lended to a friend but I snapped this comparison picture with my cellphone.

titanquark.png

The titan is set on super low, and the quark AA is set to moonlight.

no freaking way! :faint:

Crenshaw

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
no freaking way! :faint:

Crenshaw

Believe it ;)

My titan is the titanium version though, and I'm not sure if it's different than the alu version. I can also point out that the titan looks brighter on high than the quark on turbo (albeit floodier, so it's hard to compare). It is also shorter and thinner, but I still choose to EDC the quark.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe it ;)

My titan is the titanium version though, and I'm not sure if it's different than the alu version. I can also point out that the titan looks brighter on high than the quark on turbo (albeit floodier, so it's hard to compare). It is also shorter and thinner, but I still choose to EDC the quark.

i was about to ask that very question, been searching for a bit, not easy to find info...

this makes me want to get a T1A and either ask Dafab or Milky to but something higher CRI in there. at $239, it actually does almost seem.....reasonable...sorta..:eek:

anyone can tell me if that low mode is the same for the T1A

Crenshaw

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
so the titan T1A can go lower and higher than a Quark AA, interesting.

But for Titan's price, its about time someone demonstrates its worth.
Mev did mention that Titan's brightness level is truly 'infinitely variable', now its being demonstrated. =)

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
so the titan T1A can go lower and higher than a Quark AA, interesting.

But for Titan's price, its about time someone demonstrates its worth.
Mev did mention that Titan's brightness level is truly 'infinitely variable', now its being demonstrated. =)

You shouldn't take my word for it actually going higher. It appears higher to me, but I can't measure it.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
i was about to ask that very question, been searching for a bit, not easy to find info...

this makes me want to get a T1A and either ask Dafab or Milky to but something higher CRI in there. at $239, it actually does almost seem.....reasonable...sorta..:eek:

anyone can tell me if that low mode is the same for the T1A

Crenshaw

I own the T1A Titan (aluminum version) and the Quark AA. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the T1A Titan definitely has the lowest of all the lights I own. It is noticeably lower than the Quark AA on moonlight mode.

Burgess

Flashaholic
L.R.I. Photon Proton Pro has a very low Low Mode.

Well under a Lumen. :candle:

But it's not at dim as my Titanium Quark 2AA on MoonMode.

_

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own the T1A Titan (aluminum version) and the Quark AA. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the T1A Titan definitely has the lowest of all the lights I own. It is noticeably lower than the Quark AA on moonlight mode.
thank you!

Crenshaw

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess we are all too taken over by the T1A Titan's low mode that we all forget the fact that Titan would shut down automatically after a few minutes when set below (can't recall but..) 5 lumens? It is a safety feature built into the light to prevent unwanted discharge of the battery when you are not using the light and failed to shut it down completely. If you intend to have a low mode like this for prolonged usage, would Titan still be feasible an idea?

MY

Enlightened
The T1A goes so low that it is barely glowing. The auto shut off function is based on turning the head 25% (estimated) of the twisting circumference, not 25% of the output. At the 26% twisting mark, the output is still a fraction of the output of the quark's low. To put it in perspective, when I look in to the emitter on the quark on low, it still hurts my eyes. At the 26% mark, the TiA is still a faint glow and I can place it right next to my eye without discomfort.

Regards.

KAP

Newly Enlightened
maybe its just me, but the moonlight mode on my quark is useless, or maybe my eyes are just terrible. i cant imagine using any less light.
.2 lumens seems so low, the low on the titan must be like a firefly!