Lost my Novatac 120P on a plane.....

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
RATS ! ! ! I lost my 120P on a recent flight. I was running late and getting through the security check point was becoming a project with a large line of people in front of me.

When my backpack went through the Xray machine, the TSA agent pulled my light out to see what it was. Impressed she handed it back to me saying "Nice Light." In a hurry I said "yep they are, check em out at "novatac.com." My little plug for Novatac there.

As I packed up I cursed the 9/11 hijackers one more time and I simply clipped my beloved 120P to a loop of PALS webbing on the outside of the backpack and rushed off to my gate. I felt somewhat secure as the light had the lower profile clip and I have carried the light on PALS webbing this way many times before. Once I got on the plane, I made a mental note to stick it in inside the pack once we got in the air as I was just about the last person on the plane. When I got to my seat I pushed my pack under the seat in front of me. I looked down a made sure the light was still there.

Of course the person sitting next to me was HUGE ! ! ! When I say HUGE I mean HUGE as in she had to ask a Flight attendant for a belt extender. Did I mention she was HUGE.

What you ask is a belt extender? WELL, prior to this I had no idea such a thing even existed, but the flight attendant did not miss a beat and brought the HUGE lady a short little seat belt that clipped into the existing seat belt to accommodate the woman's rather large girth. I sat as far over in my seat as possible because HUGE lady was BARELY able to get the arm rest down between us.

Anyway we taxied and sat for a small eternity before getting airborne and I fell asleep... Big mistake and when we arrived. I was in such a hurry to get free of my seating situation I completely forgot to put the Novatac into to my backpack...

About an hour and half later I realized the 120P was missing. I went back to the old gate but the plane was gone. I contacted both Delta airlines lost and found and the Salt Lake City Airport lost and found but NO ONE had turned in the light...

RATS ! ! ! ! I mean it's my own damn fault but RATS ! ! ! ! RATS RATS RATS ! ! ! ! At any point along the line It would have taken, what 10 WHOLE... LONG... CONSUMING... seconds to reach down unzip the bag and toss it in the pack right? I am an IDIOT ! ! !

Oh well live and learn I guess.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Last edited:

jeeves

Newly Enlightened
Sucks. Really sucks, especially because it's likely that a sheep found it and probably wont ever realize the value in what they've 'found.'

I've never heard of suffering from second-hand obesity but it sounds like you've done it.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to say this but someone is going to find really cool flashlight. And then when they get home, they'll look it up and see the price tag and :wow:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
And when the battery dies in that light, the new owner will flip out when he/she finds out that CR123 batteries cost $5+ at Wal-Mart. Since nobody in their right mind would pay $5+ for a flashlight battery, the light will get tossed into a drawer never to see the light of day (or dark of night) again. . . .

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sorry that you lost your light!! That stinks.

Tremendo

Enlightened
"Guys, I grabbed a Delta flight from Salt Lake City and you'll never guess what I found!" Just kidding. Sucks, but things happen sometimes. In the big scheme of things, you'll probably be OK.

streetmaster

Enlightened
Damn, that sucks. I know I'd be angry if I lost my NT. Now you have an excuse to buy a new light!:naughty: Hopefully another NT :grin2:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure you were not on Northwest flight 188 and the reason that flight overshot the Minneapolis airport was that the pilots were playing with a very cool light?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
=[ dang that does suck..sounds like a situation ment to be...oh well time to move on and ..time for an upgrade!

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Was she so fat she had three smaller women orbiting around her in the Airport?
Was she so huge the Aircraft kept moving fuel around to balance the CG when she went to the head? Now thats huge

aceo07

Enlightened
She was so huge that she had her own gravity. The flashlight is probably in orbit, around her.

It's a good excuse to get a new light. I remember when I lost my Nuwai QIII on a camping trip. It sucked. Then I bought my HDS U60.. :)

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
Sucks. Really sucks, especially because it's likely that a sheep found it and probably wont ever realize the value in what they've 'found.'

I've never heard of suffering from second-hand obesity but it sounds like you've done it.

See that is what really bugs me. I would rather someone on CPF find it and go OHHHHH COOOOL ! ! ! a Novatac120P with a Stainless bezzel, minus Trits but HEY, can't have everything right? As opposed to What the hell is this little light? As they shine it in their eyes...

Second hand obesity I have never heard that term but yeah, I have experienced it. Ya now when ya gotta ask for a second seat belt... you are just fat as in F! A! T! Fat.

Sorry to say this but someone is going to find really cool flashlight. And then when they get home, they'll look it up and see the price tag and :wow:

Lets hope someone at least looks it up.

And when the battery dies in that light, the new owner will flip out when he/she finds out that CR123 batteries cost $5+ at Wal-Mart. Since nobody in their right mind would pay $5+ for a flashlight battery, the light will get tossed into a drawer never to see the light of day (or dark of night) again. . . .

Yep that is my fear...

"Guys, I grabbed a Delta flight from Salt Lake City and you'll never guess what I found!" Just kidding. Sucks, but things happen sometimes. In the big scheme of things, you'll probably be OK.

Ok that is funny as hell and makes me feel better.

Damn, that sucks. I know I'd be angry if I lost my NT. Now you have an excuse to buy a new light!:naughty: Hopefully another NT :grin2:

Oh yeah already done. I am going to go with a 120T this time as I really did not use all of the features of the 120P. My thoughts on the 120P were that it would be cool in a "stranded someplace situation and need to signal the rescuers."

She was so huge that she had her own gravity. The flashlight is probably in orbit, around her.

It's a good excuse to get a new light. I remember when I lost my Nuwai QIII on a camping trip. It sucked. Then I bought my HDS U60.. :)

Ohhhh She was FAT ! ! ! the second belt barely contained her. I have seen women at the 9.5 month of pregnancy that were smaller.

Again I say it is still my fault that I lost the damn light. Although being squished in next to big Bertha did not help.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Last edited:

Budman231

Enlightened
Feel for you brother. I lost a pimped out ex10 last year. Had Ti bezel, clip, and tritium in the tail. I was bummed for weeks.

I treated myself to a new light and it helped ease my pain.

NT120s are sweet lights. Go buy a new one !!

Bud

tsmith35

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't a Ra EDC Executive work just as well? Saw Battery Station recommending the Ra over the NT120P. Or is the NT a better light?

FWIW, perhaps there's a way to put a lanyard with a good c-hook on your next light to help avoid loss. You could clip it to a belt loop and drop the light in your pocket.